Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Help needed big SS collection

Article about: how much is just the suitcase as it looks in better condition than mine and i need a new one for my next years hols

Default Re: Help needed big SS collection

Better googler than me,,,,thnx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

This kind of info comes out of the Dienstalterliste, a good old fashioned book and not Google

Nice to see something original FB.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by BIGGUYINFL View Post
    Better googler than me,,,,thnx

I looked in a book, actually. I had a hunch it was a real name, in fact, since the reprinted Dienstalterlisten are so omnipresent now that the fakers have an easy time with the invention of regalia to go with real personages.

Someone made a nice stencil for the suit case.

This is an old trick, really, to make convincing historical containers for fake regalia. It happened thirty years ago, too, in fact.

There were cases of fake art housed in crating taken from Goering's art collection and the like.

All old hat and stuff we have seen many times before in the unending story of feces and fake regalia and what it comes wrapped in....

This here attached is an old hat, too, but it is authentic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16 innen.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	70086  
    damit, basta.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    This kind of info comes out of the Dienstalterliste, a good old fashioned book and not Google

Nice to see something original FB.

Cheers, Ade.

Dear Adrian, we are men of the 20th century. At the same time, when you find good things in Google, it is a real joy. That is, when someone has gone to the trouble to unearth things of merit versus the plagiarism of the plagiarism of Wikepedia, which is quite common.

Especially German historical websites, like the Historisches Lexikon Bayerns or the like are a poem.

If one has more than a passing interest in the SS and is prepared to make a major purchase, then you should own as many of the reprints as is humanly possible. I daydream reading the entries about the different hats these men had in the years say: 1934-1940 and where they all went.....

"alles ist vergaenglich....."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16  459.....jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	70087  
    damit, basta.

?

mates - I wasn't of course doubting there was a herr doktor werner; in fact I also recalled the name. it was the unimaginative hijacking of these hucksters I was calling into question. or rather, ridiculing.

re f-b's tart comment:

>I wonder if one has the same crap with Pez containers?<

doubtless true. several years back a group of these, photographed in a studio setting with the infinite care lavished on chippendale sideboards, graced the cover of ... CHRISTIE'S auction house fercrissakes!

thanks for the excellent followups to mine.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I looked in a book, actually. I had a hunch it was a real name, in fact, since the reprinted Dienstalterlisten are so omnipresent now that the fakers have an easy time with the invention of regalia to go with real personages.

Someone made a nice stencil for the suit case.

This is an old trick, really, to make convincing historical containers for fake regalia. It happened thirty years ago, too, in fact.

There were cases of fake art housed in crating taken from Goering's art collection and the like.

All old hat and stuff we have seen many times before in the unending story of feces and fake regalia and what it comes wrapped in....

This here attached is an old hat, too, but it is authentic.

?

Just arriving late to find this Pandora's box; I could only comment on a couple of items in this lot, surely wrong in my limited experience, but the rest of you have buried it already.

A quite informative thread.

Is there any relevance to the starter of this thread's handle, "Banned"?

Quote by vady View Post
    mates - I wasn't of course doubting there was a herr doktor werner; in fact I also recalled the name. it was the unimaginative hijacking of these hucksters I was calling into question. or rather, ridiculing.

re f-b's tart comment:

>I wonder if one has the same crap with Pez containers?<

doubtless true. several years back a group of these, photographed in a studio setting with the infinite care lavished on chippendale sideboards, graced the cover of ... CHRISTIE'S auction house fercrissakes!

thanks for the excellent followups to mine.
    You are right to be angry. I despair of upholding standards, really. It is all I do in my real job, every day, against the enormous tidal wade of sloth, stupidity, venality and scuz levied against the taxpayer's treasure and the constitutional imperative for the common defense.

I am sure other people take great joy with Pez containers, or Jim Beam bottles, or old boxes of cereal, really.

The Dienstalterlisten are very interesting things, really, but then I have a weakness for primary documents and am intrigued by more than the list of decorations. I am also interested in the 08/15 SS biographies, i.e. the bulk of the organization versus the glamor puss/newsreel darlings that monopolize the sites hereabouts.

And, if there is a way to have a more refined participation here, I am all for it, but I think you would have a hell of a time getting a handful of people to agree on said standards and then to adhere to them for the long haul.

There is very little cohesion left to these sites, as there is in society in general. Every day is a new day, and there is only continuity in endless to-ing and fro-ing that ends up nowhere.

Name:	album1-13.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	70107  
    damit, basta.

Quote by Frog View Post
    Just arriving late to find this Pandora's box; I could only comment on a couple of items in this lot, surely wrong in my limited experience, but the rest of you have buried it already.

A quite informative thread.

Is there any relevance to the starter of this thread's handle, "Banned"?
    Adrian sent this man to the dark and cold place without RZM tags.

He can lord it over the monkeys there with his Reisekoffer and Dr. Werner in the dative case.

It is Dr Werner's Pandora's box, as it were.
    damit, basta.

So as to raise the discourse here to a higher plain, herewith is one of the most melodic phrases in German.

In reading the Herstellungsvorschriften der RZM with great care, now that I own then, the addition of the gummipolster to the rear of the sweat band was required as of 1936 for pretty much all peaked caps so described therein. A remarkable and little understood aspect of Nazi governance.

I shall ask my wife to inscribe this phrase of my tomb, such as it will be, when the time has come.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    damit, basta.

Imagine what more these men were able to do without Stirndrueck because of high tech Gummipolster!

Dr. Max Werner would have invented the atomic bomb, and then I would not be writing these lines or worrying about the next pay check to pay for foetid woolens.

PS where is the little girl in the left side of the picture today? Where is some authentic, nice SS regalia that is worthy of our attention?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    damit, basta.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast