Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help please, SS uniform.

Article about: the seller only has these photographs, unfortunately ... the helmet looks fake but the uniform seems to be original, does anyone know if the original brand is the one from the photo?

Default Help please, SS uniform.

the seller only has these photographs, unfortunately ... the helmet looks fake but the uniform seems to be original, does anyone know if the original brand is the one from the photo?

Help please, SS uniform.Help please, SS uniform.Help please, SS uniform.Help please, SS uniform.Help please, SS uniform.Help please, SS uniform.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help please, SS uniform.
    P
    Many

Hi, Visor, Skull, eagle are very Bad. Sorry

Br christian

Colour-piped SS visor are an extremely rare thing to encounter, even for SS militaria, which is the first alarm bell to start ringing. I would implore you, if you're just starting out, stay as far away from anything SS-related as you can. It's a facet of militaria that catches out even very experienced collectors. There's a lot of money in it, and thus a lot of fakes, and many of them are top notch. It often comes down to examining the weave of the fabric and type of material used to determine the authenticity of a piece.

From these overexposed photos, and the conspicuous combination of 'rare' pieces, I'd advise you to run like the wind. Even as someone who has never collected or intimately studied anything SS-related, I can tell you that all I see here are a bunch of bad apples. The awards on the tunic 'might' be okay, but that's small fry alongside the amount of money you'd stand to lose from buying the bogus tunic and visor.

If you really want to get into SS militaria, be very, very careful. Be prepared to pay top dollar from a dealer with an ironclad reputation. It'll hurt your wallet, but it's the only way to proceed safely if you're dead set on owning stuff like this. And before you buy anything, it's best to post it here first. There are folks here who will gladly lend their experience to save your hard-earned collecting funds from the grimy fingers of the fakers.

Best regards, B.B.

?

Yes, as stated above- stay away! Everything pictured is fake...

Well if a new collector wants to start off with SS regalia...what is he to do ? Buy Army & Luft items ? That will not help with nailing down an original SS visor or tunic. If one has the needed funds to purchase SS items...just buy from someone reputable. Why deprive oneself from SS items ? Why stay away from anything SS related ?
    You can get burned just as easily on a Luft visor as an SS. Some research is needed which ever branch of service one chooses to collect.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Well if a new collector wants to start off with SS regalia...what is he to do ? Buy Army & Luft items ? That will not help with nailing down an original SS visor or tunic. If one has the needed funds to purchase SS items...just buy from someone reputable. Why deprive oneself from SS items ? Why stay away from anything SS related ?
    You can get burned just as easily on a Luft visor as an SS. Some research is needed which ever branch of service one chooses to collect.
    A new collector stands to lose a lot more if he purchases a fake SS visor, as opposed to a Heer or Luftwaffe example. Fakes are prevalent in every area, of course, and knowledge is always of great importance. But in the event of getting burned, which comes sooner or later for every collector, an SS item will blow a far bigger hole in one's bank account.

B.B.

Got to agree. A reinactor's uniform by the look of it. The Wound badge may be authentic. For those new to collecting, probably SS regalia is not the best place to start, until you know what you are looking at. We learn by studying and research into the objects, viewing where possible original items. This forum has a wonderful archive of threads detailing how to recognize the good from the junk. Make use of it.

?

Yes i sawed that. I asked him for better pics, but the ad he has is highly questionable and thumb rule #1 comes into effect:

1# Never buy anything if there is not daylight top quality photos included.

Hi, i think the right Lesson is read read and read. There are Lot of pictures and usefull Threads.

Br christian

Hello, I think the seller can keep all !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast