Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?

Article about: Hi, I am new to the War Relics and just purchased a alrge lot of WWII SS & NAzi items. Among the lot was an SS tunic with Dutch Legion and obersturmfuhrer insignia. Also has red nazi arm

Default help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?

Hi,
    I am new to the War Relics and just purchased a alrge lot of WWII SS & NAzi items.
    Among the lot was an SS tunic with Dutch Legion and obersturmfuhrer insignia. Also has red nazi armband. I checked it with a blacklight and the 2 horizontal bars on the obersturmfuhrer insignia appeared to glow as well as 2 white pieces of cloth that go along the inside top and bottom of the armband. Nothing else on the tunic glows. It is soft black wool with RZM tag on inside of breast pocket. I will post pics if I can figure out how.
    The swastika was removed from the armband but found in the inside pocket along with a leather pin with the Dutch legion symbol.

Is the tunic genuine?

Also have a square metal tag that is stamped on front ;GeheimeStaatsPolizei (gestapo)
    back reads Nr 5018 Dachau Zentral Inspektion
    and an oval metal disc with a hole on one end. Front reads: eagle and swastikaand 'Amt
    fur sicherungs Aufgaben m/43/H', Back reads : SS Heimwher Danzig Kradshtz Nr
    24313 ausweis. What are they and are they genuine?help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?

Sorry none of the items show are original. This pattern of tunic was not even worn by this unit.

The tag is a fantasy item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by charteroakbooks View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to the War Relics and just purchased a alrge lot of WWII SS & NAzi items.
    I hope you didn't pay very much for these items as if they were real they are high value purchases !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Apart from maybe that leather disc-pin , which is most probably a common WHW item showing the GERMAN style " Wolfhook " = with squared ends .
    It has as little to do with either the Dutch Legion or the Dutch SS as the contraption shown above , sorry ..

My guess for the leather pin : Winterhilfswerk Abzeichen 1935-36 - value appr. $ 15,- , but at least it is a period item ..
    Attached Images Attached Images help with SS Dutch Legion Obersturmfuhrer tunic..Is it real?