Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hersteller A1/5 and CN 35

Article about: Dear Colleague, I do indeed recall this piece above from a long time ago. Some other black kepis with various RZM tags recently shot across the heavens. Maybe those more familiar with these

Default Re: Hersteller A1/5 and CN 35

Dear Colleague, I do indeed recall this piece above from a long time ago. Some other black kepis with various RZM tags recently shot across the heavens. Maybe those more familiar with these new pieces will report on their insights.

Here is an exemplar not unlike Colleague Lumsden's tag from a well known and much celebrated Berlin maker of head gear. It is in an other ranks black SS cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-29-2008 at 11:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35
    P
    Many

another not unlike the above...this is in an officer's black cap. It was crafted in der Hauptstadt der Bewegung.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35 

Here is another....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35  

This thread is mangled from atmospherics earlier today. Can someone retrieve the lost bits, please? The thing went south around 20 hrs. central European time, I think.

I had added this tag of very obscure variety earlier today....

another..... one of our colleagues has this black cap. It is the only exemplar I have seen of this quite rare brown label with "Dienstmuetze" vs. "Tuchmuetze."

Again, here is a Kupper label in a black cap.

My theory is this type is the 1st kind used beginning in 1933 or 1934? As concerns SS caps, I believe the latter year is most suggestive. The proclamation to which the tag refers was from December 1933, ergo such narrows things down. Was there a genus of tag prior to this one?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-31-2008 at 03:07 AM.

This is the image that launched a forty years struggle to pursue these obscure and arcane details. The illustration of Andrew Mollo's early peaked cap published ca. 1968 or so. I saw it in 1970, and you are confounded. with the results of my inquiry. I even went to London the next year and met him, if you can imagine. Does anyone know where this cap went once Mollo sold his collection?

I think I saw the pictures from the Delich collection even before this image in the Mollo books.

Happy collecting.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Can someone retrieve the lost bits, please?
    These pix were lost...................the inside is jet black, not blue!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35   Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35  

Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35   Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35  

Zins seems to have been a big maker of kepis, especially of the NSFK.

Here are two with his mark..............one mint and one well worn.

The NSFK never used RZM labels.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35   Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35  

Attached Images Attached Images Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35  Hersteller A1/5  and CN 35 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast