Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hi all from newbie

Article about: Hi, just joined after deciding I need a hobby. Father collected Nazi era items for over 43 years until ill health made him send everything to auction a few years back... always said it would

Default hi all from newbie

Hi, just joined after deciding I need a hobby. Father collected Nazi era items for over 43 years until ill health made him send everything to auction a few years back... always said it would be my inheritance, so im no stranger to german militaria and know a bit. I owned a small collection of hj knives at one point. Ive started hitting a few military auctions to pick up anything I fancy and can afford!! so here is my most recent purchase and any feedback would be welcome.

hi all from newbiehi all from newbiehi all from newbiehi all from newbiehi all from newbiehi all from newbie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture hi all from newbie   hi all from newbie  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement hi all from newbie
    P
    Many

Hi, nice items, I'm a new(ish) collector of 1 year, can be daunting at first, at least that was my experience, of getting told off for asking questions by a long time collector so that put me off, but I'm really enjoying it myself, this is a really good forum, you'll enjoy it!
    Kindest Regards,
    Harvey

Welcome to the forum.

The shoulder board has nothing to do with the SS; it is for the Zoll [Customs Service]. (The "RFV" cypher is for "Reichsfinanzverwaltung" [National Fiscal Administration]). Rank is Zollsekretär.

The runic patch is a sleeve diamond for the Germanic SS as worn on the upper right arm by the G-SS in the Netherlands and Norway and the upper left arm by the G-SS in Flanders. I cannot comment on authenticity.

Welcome!...

Andreas is always right.

I do not collect SS insignia, per se, and withhold an opinion on the Dutch badge.

We have many authentic examples here.

As a new collector, do yourself a favor: a.) buy the Bando insignia book from Schiffer and or Heimdal.

b.) buy the Mollo books, seven in number; c.) buy the Beaver books, three in number; d.) read the sound

histories of the SS as an organization in detail, and books without nifty and snappy pictures.

e.) mutual aid and self help requires you to do more of the latter so that those who help you discern in you a person serious enough to help.

f.) we cannot use this means to impart decades of experience to reduce to zero the chance that the beginner will trap himself or herself in a brutal fraud.

g.) SS material is very widely faked, and electric pictures---in and of themselves---do not equip the beginner with what is needed for the task.

My list derives from more than fifty years of collecting, and 21,000 posts on this site, most of which are in confrontation with this issue.

Postscriptum: be sure to thank the experienced collectors and such personages who depart from their real life to the digital maelstrom and offer advice that took
    them decades and hundreds of thousands of dollars to acquire in a grim long struggle.

If you receive value in this inquiry, please support the work of this site with a membership.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

The shoulder board has nothing to do with the SS; it is for the Zoll [Customs Service]. (The "RFV" cypher is for "Reichsfinanzverwaltung" [National Fiscal Administration]). Rank is Zollsekretär.

The runic patch is a sleeve diamond for the Germanic SS as worn on the upper right arm by the G-SS in the Netherlands and Norway and the upper left arm by the G-SS in Flanders. I cannot comment on authenticity.
    Sincere thanks for the info, it explains a lot. the auction paperwork I have states the reichsfinanzverwaltung were part of the SS from 1944 so I now know I was misinformed by them!! and I couldnt find any info on the Germanic sleeve diamond as I thought it was a collar tab. Just need some confirmation on if the sleeve diamond is legit.

Quote by tankparts View Post
    the auction paperwork I have states the reichsfinanzverwaltung were part of the SS from 1944 so I now know I was misinformed by them!!
    Yes and no:

The Zollgrenzschutz (not the entire Reichsfinanzverwaltung) did become subordinate to the SS in the Summer of 1944.

On 2 May 1945, the ZGS returned to the control of the Ministry of Finance again (not that it mattered much at this point in time).

Welcome to the forum and your collecting journey.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Yes and no: The Zollgrenzschutz (not the entire Reichsfinanzverwaltung) did become subordinate to the SS in the Summer of 1944.
    On 2 May 1945, the ZGS returned to the control of the Ministry of Finance again (not that it mattered much at this point in time).
    Maybe of interest:
    The Reichsführer-SS, Heinrich Himmler, tried on numerous occasions to incorporated the Zollgrenzdienst (ZGD) or Zollgrenzschutz (ZSG).
    The first attempt was in March 1937 when Ministerialdirektor Ernst died. Göring denied while Himmler had given false information.
    Another attempt was from fall 1940. Himmler wanted the borders to be protected by the Reichsicherheitshauptamt (RSHH). Keitel, the
    Chef des Oberkommandos der Wehrmacht, denied the proposal.
    Himmler’s “day” came July 20, 1944 with the attempt to murder Hitler. Four days later Hitler already signed a Führerbefehl (Hitler-order).
    The ZSG was removed from the Ministry of Finances and put under Himmler’s direct command. The ZGS General-Inpector (Generalinpekteur des ZSG),
    Dr. Hossfeld was arrested (set free in January 1945 after one failed to charge him). October 30, 1944 new directives for the ZGS were published.
    Technically the ZSG was a part of the SS-structures now. The higher and middle ranks from customs were, without being asked (and against their will),
    incorporated into the Sicherheitspolizei.

hi all from newbie

Himmler’s command of the ZSG did not last long. After six months he lost control of it on May 2, 1945 (a few days before the German capitulation ).
    The Reich Minister of Finances was asked by Dönitz to help and form a new German government. The ZGS was immediately put under the command of
    von Krosigk again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast