Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Himmler wearing a Litewka style jacket

Article about: Hi Guys, this pic was new to me (sorry if you have seen it before.) but I thought it was worth posting here. The original caption reads: Himmler überreicht die Goldene Nahkampfspange Scherl

Default Himmler wearing a Litewka style jacket

Hi Guys, this pic was new to me (sorry if you have seen it before.) but I thought it was worth posting here.

The original caption reads:

Himmler überreicht die Goldene Nahkampfspange

Scherl Bilderdienst: Tapfere Nahkämpfer Der Reichsführer SS Himmler empfing Angehörige des Heeres und der Waffen-SS und überreichte ihnen die vom Führer verliehene Nahkampfspange in Gold. Von links nach rechts: Unteroffizier Heinz Rudolph, Unteroffizier Kray, Unteroffizier Adam Schaub und Obergefreiter Georg Felsner. Aufnahme: SS-PK Ege 27.10.44 [Herausgabedatum]

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler wearing a Litewka style jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler wearing a Litewka style jacket
    P
    Many

Default Re: Himmler wearing a Litewka style jacket

Thank you Adrian,
    That is a nice addition. I don't think I have ever seen a picture of him wearing this tunic.
    D.

Hi D, well if you have not seen it, I think it must be rare then. Glad you found it of interest.

I have been trawling through this resource this afternoon and found some superb stuff. Not sure if foreign volunteer stuff is your thing, but just look at the uniform in the link:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...ow-online.html

Cheers, Ade.

The Bundesarchiv Bildarchiv is following the trend with digitalizing pictures. They have a nice series of the burial of Seidel Dittmarsch in 1934 as well as the well known visits of Heini H. to Mauthausen with Eigruber and Ziereis.

The Ullstein archives as well as those of the Bildarchiv preussischer Kulturbesitz are all a real boon to us Uniformkunde types.

Thanks for the image.

Really nice image. Himmler looks even more like an innocent English teacher in this photo.

Wonderful photo and the first time I have seen Himmler in this type uniform.

Bob Hritz