Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitler Jugend cuff title and armband

Article about: Congrats James you have a VERY desirable cuff title there Treasure it Nick

Default Hitler Jugend cuff title and armband

i picked these up today at a local shop the owner assured me they were genuine but knowing my luck there fakes i dont know alot about these can anybody explain please Hitler Jugend cuff title and armbandHitler Jugend cuff title and armbandHitler Jugend cuff title and armbandHitler Jugend cuff title and armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Jugend cuff title and armband
    P
    Many

Default re: Hitler Jugend cuff title and armband

I don't like it, but it has a good chance not all that keen on the old comrades armband, but of course that is JMO
    Here's an original
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Jugend cuff title and armband  
    Last edited by John Brandon; 10-26-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling mistake and add photo

Default re: Hitler Jugend cuff title and armband

Yes I don't think they're good too, for me they're modern copy's.

Default Re: Hitler Jugend cuff title and armband

I think both are fine originals.

I am not aware of this pattern of "Bevo like" cuff title being reproduced.

Good clear photos taken in daylght should help.

Here are two more pics of an original, care of Oakleaf Miliitaria. To me, they are are good match.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Jugend cuff title and armband   Hitler Jugend cuff title and armband  

just been on Oakleaf Militaria, Inc. and found an exact same cuff title under german cloth and metal insignia it has the exact same backing stiching as mine as opposed to your pic john i cant believe he has the cheek to want $3350 for a fake

sorry ade i think we both had the same web site hit can i ask what does bevo mean

I thought it was in with a chance, but i still don't like it Ade. Call me picky, but ......well you know, anyway...........................
    BeVo is a term used by collectors to refer to a style of silk embroidery common in German WW II badges. The name itself comes from the BeVo-Wuppertal firm (though they were not the only firm to produce this type of embroidery during WW II, the name has stuck among collectors.) Be stands for Beteilingung, or "partnership" in English, Vo is short for Vorsteher. The firm BeVo-Wuppertal came into being when the firms of Lucas Vorsteher and Ewelda Vorsteher amalgamated; both came from the Wuppertal-Bermen area.

And he's not asking 3k for a fake, it's real

"Bevo" or "Bandfabrik Ewald Vorsteher" was a company located in Wuppertal. As John mentioned they later merged. We were only talking of this last week on the forum somewhere. They made machine woven insignia. The term Bevo has since fell in collectors terminology over the last 40 years and is often used to describe any machine woven insignia regsrless of who actually made it. While the actual Bevo firm made many SS cuff titles, they did not produce this particular style. Hence my use of the term "Bevo like" is this case.

Hope this helps?

I honestly think yours is fine. Oakleaf's is fine by the way, let's not confuse things here.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: For interest, please read my pinned thread on fake Bevo titles. BUT this particular style is not covered. I am just not aware of these being faked.

double post .............beat you this time!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast