Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

How early is this SS collar tab?

Article about: I just purchased this Algemine SS collar tab, and was wondering how early it was. It has white and black braiding around it. The numbers are bullion, but the string is not. I was hoping some

How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?I have been propelled into the role of eternal naysayer in the last two weeks since my blundering return from Berlin, but I must say that the piping on this badge does
    not strike me as being from the period.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How early is this SS collar tab?
    P
    Many

These badges ca. 1934 and thereafter were issued without piping. The alu embroidery on Allgem. SS enlisted collar patches was officially introduced
    in the middle of 1937, but surely was used, contrary to regulations, earlier, since the RZM carped about this practice all the time.
    The chronology was white embroidery, followed by silver grey embroidery, followed by alu embroidery. You see these examples above.

So you belive the braiding around the tab not to be original, but the tab is original right? Someone just added the braiding around an original tab later possibly?

Quote by ww2militarycollector View Post
    So you belive the braiding around the tab not to be original, but the tab is original right? Someone just added the braiding around an original tab later possibly?
    I think so. Sorry to impart bad news, but that is my wild guess based on the data.

Thanks, it is not bad news, I got this tab for a great price, so even just as a EM tab, with out braiding it was a great deal.

Is there any possibility that the braiding could have been added by an SS man who was promoted, and instead of getting a new tab, he just added the braiding himself?

How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?How early is this SS collar tab?
    Quote by ww2militarycollector View Post
    Is there any possibility that the braiding could have been added by an SS man who was promoted, and instead of getting a new tab, he just added the braiding himself?
    It is not impossible, but I have seen enough reworked badges with all original parts, Kragenpaspel, etc.

So long as the thing did not cost very much, then you can leave it as you wish.

If you expect to sell it in the hypercritical digital environment where: a.) everyone murders everything beforehand, and b.) very few understand the complexities of
    these otherwise humdrum badges, you face a challenge. Allgemeine SS insignia is not especially loved versus, say, the celebrity Waffen SS item, but they have
    a history in their own right and are compelling in significant ways as concerns the core of the regime and even the role and mission of the SS.

There also existed locally made SS insignia, i.e. where blank badges were embroidered locally. This practice was forbidden, but it is mentioned sufficiently that
    it must have also transpired. The alu wire embroidery does more or less conform to the later style of numerals, i.e. ca. 1934ff.

The real authority is Delich. He recently got a heap of very rare cuff titles.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast