Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..

Article about: OK, i have been looking at this shirt, i thought i would pass the information on for you all to view it. My problem is, it seems like a piece parts Brownshirt, as the collar tab stitching is

Default Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..

OK, i have been looking at this shirt, i thought i would pass the information on for you all to view it.

My problem is, it seems like a piece parts Brownshirt, as the collar tab stitching is done by hand, and poorly done.

The guy who has it, says it pass' black light test, but the German were fanatical when it came to their uniforms.

He says he has a pair of tan in color breeches , but the correct breeches, would be black in color for an SS brownshirt.

The guy seems to think its an SA brownshirt, I think it looks more like an SS model.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..   Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  

Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..   Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  

Attached Images Attached Images Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..  Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing.. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Info needed : SS Brownshirt for viewing..

Yikes. Does not give me the warm fuzzies. The shoulder strap looks bad, the piping seems off.

Is it the pictures but everything looks so clean ,the white is so white after 70 years I would think they would be more of a lite brown but I am not a expert on this type of stuff (if you think it could be a fake it is probably one )

And he is asking 2K for this, I have tried to explain things on it that is not correct, but he still insist that it is legit, because he bought it over a decade ago, and supposedly from a dealer he knows.

He has said he has has up for sale for some time now, and he wonders why no one wants to buy it.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    And he is asking 2K for this, I have tried to explain things on it that is not correct, but he still insist that it is legit, because he bought it over a decade ago, and supposedly from a dealer he knows.

He has said he has has up for sale for some time now, and he wonders why no one wants to buy it.

Brian
    No good collectors wants because it is not correct.

He actually thinks because he got it over 10 years ago, that it could not be fake, like they were not doing the fakes back then.

Its like trying to talk to a rock, he says it pass' black lights, i tell him what is wrong with it, and he still insist, i think the owner does not want admit that he got ripped off.

Now he is trying to pass the fake off onto others for what he paid for it, as if he does not care if its a fake or not, he only cares about getting back what he paid for it, regardless of the fact he would be ripping off someone else, and if he knows its a fake, and he could be committing fraud...

Brian

Quote by Tricot View Post
    Yikes. Does not give me the warm fuzzies. The shoulder strap looks bad, the piping seems off.
    My thoughts too !

This type of shoulder strap had a very distinct alternating pattern
    between the 'white' and 'black' - like a checkerboard effect -
    the materials were lined up a lot better than this.

The black stripes on the armband seem odd to me as well......
    Regards,

Steve.

I think what someone else has told me in an email, that the armband is authentic, that it was an SA armband, with the added black stripes, and i was told this was a common thing done.

But everything else just does not seem right, the way the collar tabs are not centered on the collar straight with the collar seam edges, and the poor quality of the stitching for the way the collar tabs were sewn onto the tunic, is a big FLAG for me.

The tabs seem correct, as do the buttons, and the belt ramps, but i do believe this to be a frankenstein brownshirt.

Like i said before, explaining this to the guy that has it on consignment , is like talking to a rock, and has yet let me speak to the owner, if one exist, as it could be a story he is telling me, so that if i was to buy it, he could say he was just the middle man, and I'm out of my money.

Brian

The Germans were fanatical on their uniforms, and i dont see this one passing regs for the period.

Brian

better just to leave it and continue the search.
    Too many red flags............!
    Regards,

Steve.