Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Insignia on Hitler's Coat

Article about: I was reading another article about Ribbentrop's watch and they included this photo with Hitler supposedly taken in 1939. Does anybody know what insignia Hitler is wearing on his left sleeve

Default Insignia on Hitler's Coat

I was reading another article about Ribbentrop's watch and they included this photo with Hitler supposedly taken in 1939. Does anybody know what insignia Hitler is wearing on his left sleeve?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Insignia on Hitler's Coat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Insignia on Hitler's Coat
    P
    Many

He appears to be wearing Fascist Italian insignia...I believe this photo was taken during his visit to Italy, where he was observing Italian Naval Maneuvers...
    cheers, Glenn

Here is another picture where Hitler wears this Fascist insignia, during a ride
    at Florence in Italy in 1938 in May. The insignia is here better visible.

This insignia is the Corporal of Honour badge that Hitler is wearing on his left arm and it was a distinction in the Italian Fascist Party. Hitler's was slightly different from Mussolini's as Hitler's had the symbol of the Fasces instead of an Eagle like Mussolini's, as can be seen in the photo in the previous post. Here he is also seen wearing an honorary dagger that was presented to him during Mussolini's state visit to Germany in Sept 1937. He never wore either again after the May 1938 visit.

Regards, Ned.

Insignia and award document as presented.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

What is that symbol depicting, I cant work it out?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It a representation of magisterial(jurisdiction) or collective power, used by many country's.
    A symbol that fascinated me for a long time.
    In Belgium used by some police forces and ranks, in the army for juridical services.
    Also used by the British Union.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I think Nick meant what the fasces symbol is physically composed of. It's a bundle of wooden rods with an axe.

See: Fasces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way: Good for Hitler. After all those years as a Private, he finally got promoted to Corporal. (Sorry, just couldn't resist it.)

Period postcard ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Insignia on Hitler's Coat