Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting cuff title O.A. Main

Article about: Member Eisbrecher of the other site has posted these photos of an interesting cuff title. I have never seen another like it. It certainly deserves to be seen here as well. For those in the U

?

Default Interesting cuff title O.A. Main

Member Eisbrecher of the other site has posted these photos of an interesting cuff title.
    Interesting cuff title O.A. MainInteresting cuff title O.A. Main
    I have never seen another like it. It certainly deserves to be seen here as well. For those in the U.S. have happy holiday weekend and don't forget those who sacrificed for us. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting cuff title O.A. Main
    P
    Many

David Delich and I were noodling this one out. Something is obscured in the picture here, I think.

An interesting (partial) photograph.

Clearly it's a cuff title for the Higa (Hilfsgrenzangestellte) [Auxiliary Border Personnel] system used to re-inforce the customs service.

Higa battalions were formed in the SS-Oberabschnitte Süd, Südwest, Rhein, Südost, Elbe and Main. (It's mentioned in vol. 5 of Mollo.) This would appear to be the cuff title for the 1st Sturm of Higa-Sturmbann Oberabschnitt Main. The Sturmbann's HQ was at Waldmünchen by the Czechoslovakian border.

The man is an "old fighter", decorated with the Goldenes Parteiabzeichen and the Nürnberger Parteitagsabzeichen 1929 as well as the SA-Wehrabzeichen. From the cap eagle and the chained dagger, we can tell that the photograph was taken no earlier than 1936.

You see, Andreas, you are a genius. I had thought it said "Higa," but I could not figure it out.

On which page of Mollo in vol. V?

on pp. 10-11. Never noticed it, which just goes to show how sloppy my work truly is.....!?

My wife says that I just look at pictures when I read, and I have owned the book since 1971.

Bravo, Andreas. You are a champ.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You see, Andreas, you are a genius. I had thought it said "Higa," but I could not figure it out.

On which page of Mollo in vol. V?
    Page 10 (total page no. 348 of the collected edition).

Also see: SS-Grenz- bzw. Zolleinheiten - Einheiten der Allgemeinen SS - Forum der Wehrmacht

I recently got an SS order of battle book in Germany by a man whose name escapes me. The book opens with a vicious attack on Jews, which I am surprised
    they let be printed, but the volume has much information I have not seen elsewhere in the organization of the Allgemeine SS and so forth.
    It is a pity that the author nourishes such obnoxious political views.

Thanks, Andreas, for all your very expert guidance of our work here. Delich and I could not noodle it out. I thought the cuff title was for a martyr, and could
    not unravel it, not the least because the picture is incomplete. Delich will be happy with your research.

Observation of the Wotans knot ( at the pocket flap ) on the Chained SS dagger dates the dagger as an Initial production type 1936.
    This being a Type A

Type B1 would be the later half of 1936 and into 1937.

This information only dates the dagger...and hopefully will support the photo by Mr JHAM.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thankyou Mr JHAM

SS - Schutzstaffel
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Thankyou Mr JHAM
    You are most welcome. Thank you Larry C.