Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Luftwaffe tunic + KZ tabs

Article about: Found this intriguing tunic for £835; it's obviously a regular Luftwaffe but the soldier's been temporarily assigned to a concentration camp. I haven't actually seen one of these tab types o

?

Default Interesting Luftwaffe tunic + KZ tabs

Found this intriguing tunic for £835; it's obviously a regular Luftwaffe but the soldier's been temporarily assigned to a concentration camp. I haven't actually seen one of these tab types on a tunic before... do you think it's worth it?
    Cheers,
    Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Luftwaffe tunic + KZ tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: Interesting Luftwaffe tunic + KZ tabs

Providing it's an original KZ temp guards tunic, and not a re-badged one (which it looks like it is........yes, It's worth it

?

If it helps, there're some more pictures, and I asked for some of the provenance. And thanks; I haven't ever seen one of these before so I was rather excited to find it. Do you have any idea how much you'd expect to see one of these going for?
    Kind regards,
    Robbie

Quote by Steampunk View Post
    Do you have any idea how much you'd expect to see one of these going for?
    Kind regards,
    Robbie
    It's coming from a reliable source. And to be fair, it's worth what someone wants to pay for it

As this is one of the tabs found in Dachau sourced vet lots, it would not be difficult to create this by rebadging an original Luftwaffe tunic. Without rock solid provenance, I would consider it a difficult piece to ever sell in the future. This is not saying the piece is not original. However, it would be easy to create this by applying the tab with soe period thread.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Which unit is that? Was the Luftwaffe integrated in Concentration Camps?
    The tunic looks good but in this compilation?

Hi Robbie, I posted a series of rare photos of this tab in wear the other week.

My feeling is that the tunic, while original in all parts, is most likely fabricated.

Hi Nikolaus, in 1944 10,000 over age men from the Heer & Luftwaffe were transfered to the KL system so that younger SS guards could be posted to the front.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Okay guys, thanks for the help - I'll give this a miss too, glad you're all here to stop me making silly mistakes!
    Kind regards,
    Robbie