Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

interesting Stammabteilung photos

Article about: You have enclosed examples of Stammabteilung insignia as I understand them to have existed. However, I can never exclude exceptions not accounted for in the secondary literature. SS cuff tit

Default Re: interesting Stammabteilung photos

interesting Stammabteilung photosYou have enclosed examples of Stammabteilung insignia as I understand them to have existed. However, I can never exclude exceptions not accounted for in the secondary literature.
    SS cuff titles also were made with a white border, as well as either white or grey silk embroidery on a black band, which may be the object of misinterpretation.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement interesting Stammabteilung photos
    P
    Many

interesting Stammabteilung photosOur Mr. d'Alquen furnished us this document of signal worth.

?

Thanks for the response F-B. I was refering to the grey instead of black edged brassard in case there is any confusion as to my question.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Thanks for the response F-B. I was refering to the grey instead of black edged brassard in case there is any confusion as to my question.
    Oh, I understand. Mea culpa. I translate things into German. That's for SA Reserve, I think.

- - Updated - -

interesting Stammabteilung photosHere an image from the Delich treasures.

interesting Stammabteilung photosinteresting Stammabteilung photosYou will see that my black tunic has a normal SS arm band. My enduring thanks to Mr. Joe of Texas Above All for this wonderful thing.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Oh, I understand. Mea culpa. I translate things into German. That's for SA Reserve, I think.

- - Updated - -

interesting Stammabteilung photosHere an image from the Delich treasures.
    Thanks F-B. In the same new book there is an amazing white tunic that belonged to Himmler credited to Mr. Delich. His treasures seem like"the stuff dreams are made of" so to speak. I need to brush up on SA insignia obviously.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Thanks F-B. In the same new book there is an amazing white tunic that belonged to Himmler credited to Mr. Delich. His treasures seem like"the stuff dreams are made of" so to speak. I need to brush up on SA insignia obviously.
    David Delich is the reigning SS collector in the U.S. and is a man of generous knowledge and collegial bearing, which is untrue of many others.

?

Above is a photo recently available with a Stammabteilung officer just within the frame. From what I can discern, the collar patch reads 59 or 49. The caption was "Nazis visiting VW plan(t) at Braunschweig". Given the location, I would assume 49 is the correct Standarte. If anyone has a photo of a member of the SS-Stammabteilung from München I would be thrilled if they would share it here (for obvious reasons below).

Regards,

CMH

Very nice image. We see such things all too seldom. Thanks, FB A large contingent of Italians were engaged in the construction of the KdF Stadt. And the SS had a significant role in the creation of the VW as well.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    The gray edge stripes were particular to the SA and never worn by SS Stammabteilung.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast