Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Italian Red Eagle SS patch, thoughts?

Article about: this evening i will study it a bit, at the momento i've doubt

Default Re: Italian Red Eagle SS patch, thoughts?

this evening i will study it a bit, at the momento i've doubt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Italian Red Eagle SS patch, thoughts?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Italian Red Eagle SS patch, thoughts?

i confirm my bad sensation, imo this eagle is not good. wrong details, wrong back.

im a bit late, but heres my two cents "AXIS & LEGION MILITARIA" - Axis & Legion Militaria

CBH
    ?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    According to this website (MILITARIA COLLECTION GALLERY #1 insignia and accouterments | On the gothic line) it is original it appears. I do not know how well this site is trusted however. Hope this helps.
    Just looked at this site and I have a question , what is the SS alpine badge shown . I have never seen another one . Is it Italian ? Thanks

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Just looked at this site and I have a question , what is the SS alpine badge shown . I have never seen another one . Is it Italian ? Thanks
    The caption on the website states: 'Waffen SS Alpine badge privately made probably worn as a tradition badge on a SS Mountain Troopers hat. Possible 24th SS Karstjager use. Canadian Veteran aquired'

Interesting badge - I never seen it before.

Philip

CBH
    ?

Thanks for the information , very interesting piece . It just made me question the whole site , should have read it myself .
    Cheers

Sorry guys , but that is my site ( On the gothic line )and nowhere do I refer to an eagle like that as original.
    In my opinion it is a fake . If I wrote somewhere this eagle is original it is a mistake and please point it out.

Of course the eagle exists in red , but the Devil is in the details.

CBH
    ?

I didn't comment about the eagle , the one shown here is different from the one you have on your site . And yes the devil is in the details ! Any chance of seeing the back of one of your Italian SS skulls ? Thank you .

Quote by CBH View Post
    As far as that badge is concerned it actually came from your neck of the woods. I had a picker friend there who got it from a Canadian among many other original Italian theater items that still reside in my collection. It is for sure a privately made piece and has been discussed on another forum. If I get a chance I will photograph the back and post it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast