Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Item # 113 Marking everywhere

Article about: Just won this item in a auction and wanted to show it to you all. I've always preferred items which can be attributed to an individual as well as marked items, this one has both. Even with t

Default Item # 113 Marking everywhere

Just won this item in a auction and wanted to show it to you all. I've always preferred items which can be attributed to an individual as well as marked items, this one has both. Even with the added 12.5%, I feel I got it for a wonderful price. Thanks for looking.
    Item # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhereItem # 113 Marking everywhere

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Item # 113 Marking everywhere
    P
    Many

Default Re: Item # 113 Marking everywhere

Good for you. I wanted to try for a few items but the 12.5 premium was a real turn off so I refrained.

Hmm... I have a few concerns about this item. I will come back to this.

I hear you, the only reason I went for it is another site has one with a few less marking for 750 euros, I won this for much less, even with the 12.5 premium. If he did away with the premium and instead started the bidding a little higher, I'd imagine he'd have a few more individuals participating in his auctions.

- - Updated - -

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Really, like what? Compares well to other examples I've seen and IMO the markings appear to have been there for awhile. I will say however all the examples I've seen were of a different maker.

Really? I wouldn't know either way.

I have yet to purchase it, so if you can find some definitive proof this is a post war creation I'd be very grateful. This is why I posted it before I paid for it.

Add: If you look closely to the marking, you can see the stains go inside the grooves as well. One would think if they were added much later, it would cause the stains to be missing within them. The stains look to have been there for quite awhile as well.

You have been around our Forum long enough to know that replies like this are unacceptable without a reason(s) for the negative statement.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Sorry guys, I just came across the thread and had to go take care of a few things.

Three main things I noticed that I was concerned about- What's with the tag? Was there only one (the) SS artillery regiment at the time this was made? Also, why is the waffenfarbe of the soldat in the photo not red for artillery? Another thing I noticed is the name in photo #7. It doesn't match the name on the tag.

The age and wear seems authentic, but the items listed above bother me a bit.

Sorry guys, I just came across the thread and had to go take care of a few things.

Three main things I noticed that I was concerned about- What's with the tag? Was there only one (the) SS artillery regiment at the time this was made? Also, why is the waffenfarbe of the soldat in the photo not red for artillery? Another thing I noticed is the name in photo #7. It doesn't match the name on the tag.

The age and wear seems authentic, but the items listed above bother me a bit.
    To answer you first question, the name tag is a common thing to find on ss cloth. Most of these ss marked M34 packs, at least the ones I've seen, have this style of name tag in them. As for the time period, just because its a model which was produced in 34 doesn't mean this was made then. It could've been made at a much later date. And for the boards appearing not to be red, that is a good question. It is possible the photo has no correlation to the pack, but I believe both to be original. I honestly can't even decipher what color the shoulder boards are. I'm looking forward to hearing others opinion as well, thank you sir for yours.

Add: As for there being two different names, that is also very common as these were reissued. That also helps explain your second question on the time period.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 07-22-2013 at 11:56 PM.

To which I would add that the SS stamp on these tends to be on the portion across the top of the container; the stamp is to an Allgemeine SS unit and the Nameslappen is to a Waffen SS unit, etc.
    The two of these I own are VA/SS marked, actually. We have a thread with markings for field gear that is easy to consult. As you note, the thing could have been issued twice, surely,

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...markings-9523/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast