MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935

Article about: by d'alquen JHAM are you sure that is a picture of Glücks? The cap insignia (1936) and the rank don't fit with him. Good observation: The portrait photograph shows Sturmbannführer collar pat

?

Default Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935

Following the example of my internet mentor I would like to share a few photos. These images dated 1935 by bpk show a visit from a Japanese delegation to KL Sachsenhausen. They are frustratingly close to showing some interesting pieces of SS regalia. The meeting of flags photo is damaged in a key spot but you can still make out part of the fahnenspiegel. I think it would also have had the roman numeral III as well as the TK. In the other photos far in the background are nice examples of TK armelabzeichen and kragenspiegel that tease just out of sight. Those here with more knowledge than myself may be able to recognize the officer with the white lapels. Thanks to all.

Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935
    P
    Many

Default Re: Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935

Very interesting. Never seen them before. Thanks for bringing these to our attention.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very interesting. Never seen them before. Thanks for bringing these to our attention.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you Ade for hosting the conversation and maintaining a high level of dignity.

Could be Theodor Eicke?

Thank you for the post.
    I don't know where BPK got that date from. The entrance shown wasn't built until 1937, and that is probably the year of the visit as the runic signs were later plastered over. The SS-General is almost certainly Richard Glücks. Mind you, if the picture was taken after August 1938 the man could be Hermann Baranowski.
    d'Alquen

?

Thank Mr. d'alquen. After reviewing a few images I think the officer with the white lapels does seem to be Richard Glücks.

Thank you again for sharing your hard earned knowledge.

These pics are absolutely astonishing! I has no idea the Japanese visited any of these camps. Any ideas as of why they were there?

?

Great photos.

Thanks for the further interesting material.

You're most welcome.
    JHAM are you sure that is a picture of Glücks? The cap insignia (1936) and the rank don't fit with him.
    d'Alquen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast