Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just to Learn something about SS Cloth Skulls how to see if real or not

Article about: by klinger by the way dose someone know why skull number 2 is yelloish What Ade said. Jerry

Default Just to Learn something about SS Cloth Skulls how to see if real or not

i was thinking this thread will help us all if we figure out how to spot cloth skulls if they are real or not. so i added 6 ss skulls in this picture. would everyone please give his opinion which skull (numbered) is a wrong one and which number is a real one and why you think this one is real or not? after all that i guess we all know how to spot the fakes.
    hope you all think it is a good idea and start to put opinions together - please the EXPERTS too! so we all can learn a bit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just to Learn something about SS Cloth Skulls how to see if real or not  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just to Learn something about SS Cloth Skulls how to see if real or not
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just to Learn something about SS Cloth Skulls how to see if real or not

no one

Default Re: Just to Learn something about SS Cloth Skulls how to see if real or not

I dont collect SS cloth but I'll give an answer, though as to why, I cant really say. I'm probably wrong with all of them and I would have liked to have seen the backs.

I think , 3 & 6 are good, number 2 maybe good and the others I would have to go to the books and/or other sources and research them. As I said above, not really my thing -too expensive mostly- though I do like them and I will have to get a tropical example one day. If I was looking to buy one, I would off course do the research first.

Obviously, when I get all six wrong I shall never enter this forum again.

Thanks, Jerry

Quote by vonbond View Post
    I would have liked to have seen the backs.

Thanks, Jerry
    i like to see the backs as well but if you have a full cap or what ever in your hands where all is sawen on you cant take a look on the back thats why i think it is important for us to get to the points on the front

?

In my novice opinion, the only skull i believe to be real is #3. It is the only one that looks to have the right detail and proper embroidery. 5 and 6 are possible, but i do not think so.......... hopefully Ade and Bob jump in on this, knowledge is power !

Quote by klinger View Post
    i like to see the backs as well but if you have a full cap or what ever in your hands where all is sawen on you cant take a look on the back thats why i think it is important for us to get to the points on the front
    I know that it would be good to be able to tell from just the front, but I mostly buy unattached insignia. As I said, I mostly had a go just for fun and because no one else had tried.

I expect it will be a while before you provide the answers, so maybe you could send them in a message to me?

An interesting experiment and it would be good if more people took part.

Thanks,

Jerry

yes this will be nice if more people took part on this thread, but so far so good

by the way dose someone know why skull number 2 is yelloish

Quote by klinger View Post
    by the way dose someone know why skull number 2 is yelloish
    It is the Tropical issue version.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is the Tropical issue version.

Cheers, Ade.
    ahh, ok thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast