Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.

Article about: This badge (bottom left, not on the tunic....) appeared on the sewer site, but it is a clear image of the collar patch of the Allgem. SS Standarte in Kaiserslautern, where I once lived. This

Default Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.

Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.This badge (bottom left, not on the tunic....) appeared on the sewer site, but it is a clear image of the collar patch of the Allgem. SS Standarte in Kaiserslautern, where I once lived. Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.

This is the grey Stickerei (bottom image) as introduced in 1934 to replace the white Stickerei, and reference is made to such insignia in the many RZM thingies we have appended.

This kind of insignia, in turn, was replace by alu wire insignia (see top image) in the course of 1937....or not.

The RZM circulars reveal an interesting world of this embroidery, in fact.

PS None of these images are my property. However, they cry out for interpretation.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-29-2012 at 05:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.

Beautiful! I've always loved the b/w piping on these. When I lived in Schwabisch country the GI's that temporarily adopted me called Kaiserlautern "K-town", I thought it was charmingly American to do so.

In my day, Kaiserslautern was awful, and has not improved much, really. The Pfaelzer Wald was wonderful, as was the Deutsche Weinstrasse. The place is still called "K-town," and is a world on to itself. Its great merit is that you can go to Paris on the weekend, as well as to Munich. It was also close to Lorraine and Alsace, more the latter, which I always liked, too. But it has changed a lot since I lived there thirty years ago in another century.

?

I actually never visited there, I had little time or money while I was in Tübingen. I took a lovely weekend trip from Stuttgart to Paris in the springtime though; amazing. I need to go back... Haben Sie auch Ihre Deutsch in B.W. gelernt?

There is no comparison between Tuebingen and Kaiserslautern. Tuebingen is wonderful, and my family comes from Stuttgart, actually. A story for a different place. I learned German in the U.S. and then studied in German universities, worked in Vienna, and then have worked professionally with Germans ever since I lived in West Germany in the distant past.

This is the collar patch of the commander of the Mannheim-Heidelberg and Karlsruhe (I think...) Standarte. Often these items are from the U.S. zone of occupation and site of later NATO garrisons, whereby these items have descended to the present.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.

The U.S. garrisons of the storied past in Heidelberg and Mannheim are being given up as part of the further reduction in the size of the U.S. Army overseas. A sad change in a long story of some merit, the details of which are much in You Tube. But I am sure all these things were found by GIs at some point, and later than in the year 1945. This item is my property.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-29-2012 at 05:21 AM.

?

Thank you F-B for another informative post. You are a natural teacher/educator and we all benefit! Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Thank you F-B for another informative post. You are a natural teacher/educator and we all benefit! Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.
    Thank you. I am a history teacher by trade, which I cannot hide. Thanks for the nice images. I thought the images of the stray collar patch too nice to just leave on the other site. My best to you, and happy foetid woolens.

Kaiserslautern Standarte, insignia ca. 1935 or so.These nice breeches also appeared on the insane site, with the grey leather Besatz in a nice state of preservation. If you want to sell them, I will buy them!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    In my day, Kaiserslautern was awful, and has not improved much, really. The Pfaelzer Wald was wonderful, as was the Deutsche Weinstrasse. The place is still called "K-town," and is a world on to itself. Its great merit is that you can go to Paris on the weekend, as well as to Munich. It was also close to Lorraine and Alsace, more the latter, which I always liked, too. But it has changed a lot since I lived there thirty years ago in another century.
    I love Kaiserslautern.
    I use to go to the K-club in the week-end but Wiesbaden was better.
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast