MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Kleiderkasse illustration

Article about: Here an illustration from the SS clothing catalog, in this case the black uniform at the end of 1940. A fashion plate, as it were.

Default Re: Kleiderkasse illustration

another Organisationsbuch illustration....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kleiderkasse illustration  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kleiderkasse illustration
    P
    Many

Smile Re: Kleiderkasse illustration

Orgabook, 2nd edition 1937.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kleiderkasse illustration   Kleiderkasse illustration  

Default Re: Kleiderkasse illustration

This is the second edition of the Orgbuch from the year 1937. The 1st edition appeared in 1936.

These are remarkably bad illustrations, to be sure, which distinguish themselves in their low quality from what followed in the years 1938 and such. I guess the RFSS found a fashion illustrator for the plates I have posted above. When one considers the tradition of Uniformkunde in Germany and the quality of those illustrators who did this work, this dorky set of plates from the SS reflects some administrative and budgetary reality in the year 1937. I think these plates also show the colored Sturmbaender, do they not? I have this edition too, at hand.

Thanks to our Alsatian friend for this nice addition and for helping us along.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-30-2008 at 01:15 AM.

Kleiderkasse illustrationKleiderkasse illustrationKleiderkasse illustrationKleiderkasse illustrationSturmbaender....

?

Another contemporary illustration, as found on a RZM poster, to be displayed in the business of a tailor.

Kleiderkasse illustration ca. 1935.

My thanks to Peter Jenkins for this nice piece.
    Last edited by DrCMH; 02-05-2015 at 05:41 AM.

?

Further images from the "Sturm"Zigaretten-Fabrik

Last edited by DrCMH; 02-05-2015 at 07:25 AM.

Kleiderkasse illustrationKleiderkasse illustrationKleiderkasse illustrationKleiderkasse illustrationKleiderkasse illustrationKleiderkasse illustrationKleiderkasse illustrationKleiderkasse illustration
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The work, die Uniformen der Braunhemden is an excellent one. I only own a reprint. Here is how the illustrator shows an early LAH soldier.
    Now I own the book, itself....

?

Well done! Two more nice additions to your excellent library.

CMH

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast