Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

KLEIDERKASSE SS paper packet and buttons

Article about: I have not seen this packet before but looks like a fascinating piece of SS memorabilia if original What are your thoughts on it please? Thanks Nick

Default KLEIDERKASSE SS paper packet and buttons

I have not seen this packet before but looks like a fascinating piece of SS memorabilia if original

What are your thoughts on it please?

Thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KLEIDERKASSE SS paper packet and buttons  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KLEIDERKASSE SS paper packet and buttons
    P
    Many

I am highly dubious.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

2 sizes blouse buttons looks nice.

On the ding dong site did other objects with these Saeckerl appear. Adrian is a skeptic, which is warranted with such things.
    The man in the know about such items is our Hugo Rietzel, with his very wonderful collection of RZM ephemera.

I do have images of a Kleiderkasse SS membership card, but such a thing as this is new to my scouring of the firmament since 2000.

KLEIDERKASSE SS paper packet and buttonsKLEIDERKASSE SS paper packet and buttonsAs I peer into the cracks of the past, I think Adrian is right in his skepticism.

Here is the evidence. Someone will interpret it for us.

Or someone can interpret it otherwise than have I.....

The above is or is not linked to these items....

Last haul of the year... - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

- - ------- - -

Pfui that I engage this site, but we live in a cruel and brutal world. My linky link constitutes no endorsement of said site.

KLEIDERKASSE SS paper packet and buttonsThis piece strikes me as quite real. I have only seen one.

And only in digital images.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here is the evidence. Someone will interpret it for us.
    Don't mind if I do:

These pages are an excerpt from the 1940 price list of the SS-Kleiderkasse.

Friedrich-Berthold is referring to positions no. 310 through 317 on page 18. These are the uniform buttons available through the SS-Kleiderkasse system at the time.

Two different types of grey buttons were available: No. 310 are normal buttons (0.05 RM apiece); no. 313 are screw-on ones (0.18 RM apiece). The normal ones would be the larger (19 mm) size, the screw-on ones the smaller (16 mm) size for fastening shoulder boards.

All buttons were sold individually as single pieces, not in sets [Stück = piece, Garnitur = set].

However, the packet is a complete set of the buttons needed for a field blouse: 9 large (19 mm) buttons (= 5 for the front closure, 2 for the breast pockets, 2 for the side pockets) and 2 small (16 mm) buttons (= for the shoulder boards); all of them of the sew-on type with standard metal eyelet [Normalöse]. Also, the Kleiderkasse offered the smaller size only in the screw-on version.

Also, the terminology used is different: The price list simply refers to the grey buttons as Knöpfe, grau [buttons, grey], not Blusenknöpfe [blouse buttons], which makes sense as they would not be used on the field blouse only, but on greatcoats as well.

Happy new year, Andreas.

Thank you.

As ever, your wit and intelligence are a boon to the public good.

KLEIDERKASSE SS paper packet and buttonsThat is to say: a.) that in 1940 these things were retailed not as a set, but individually; and b.) the sequence of the item number in the catalog does not jibe with the discovery.

The skeptic would say that the items on the other site are a collage of real things arranged with the whoopee buttons as a ruse....

or not.....?

You can see in the Assmann catalog that buttons could be sold in bulk, usually in one hundred pieces, at a discounted price.

I do not know, as I do not attend militaria events in Europe to see this kind of thing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast