Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Krawczyk & Lucas Waffen ss book

Article about: Just picked up from Amazon the SS book by Krawczyk & Lucas.I have seen some members talk about it and I am glad I picked it up.What say you members who have the book?The color photos are

Default Krawczyk & Lucas Waffen ss book

Just picked up from Amazon the SS book by Krawczyk & Lucas.I have seen some members talk about it and I am glad I picked it up.What say you members who have the book?The color photos are great and it is diversified enough to please collectors!Amazon gives you a break off the retail price and in this day and age when every book is $80-$190 or so its a good value and has some really sharp pics.I have the original Angolia and Littlejohn and Dodgins and ole Attwood from the 1969-1972 era and they were the biggies back then!CDR Can't seem to get the prices on to the post! $80-190 up to $190

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krawczyk & Lucas Waffen ss book
    P
    Many

Default Re: Krawczyk & Lucas Waffen ss book

for me,lucas as a writer is awful I avoid his books.

Didn't this book come out some 20 years ago? I had another Krawczyk book back then on Heer uniforms and there was more than a couple of Janke visors being touted as original....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Didn't this book come out some 20 years ago? I had another Krawczyk book back then on Heer uniforms and there was more than a couple of Janke visors being touted as original....
    Stonemint:The book was published in 2001.I have a large library and I thought this might be a rehash of other SS books but its a decent publication in my opinion!Its a nice book and every photo is in color.I go back to 1969 when I caught the bug!Some as you can see in my first reply and don't like it and that's their opinion which is fine!

?

Some fake items displayed in there including a "bigfoot" sleeve eagle.

Sadly there are several bad items shown in it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The Panzer SS camo wrapper is fake, two years ago, a friend sold it, everybody said : fake! so he asked to Lukas : "In the past we don't had the same knowledge.

Indeed John. We posted at the same time. The bad eagle is shown on page 57.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Indeed John. We posted at the same time. The bad eagle is shown on page 57.
    I guess nobody but me thought it had some merits!Thanks for the replies and I see by past posts that most all the books that come out lately have errors and bad pieces in them.If you saw the early books in 1969 and a bit after the second books written by Angolia and others had a page or two with an appendix clearing up all the errors in the first book.

All books have errors in them. A sad fact of life.

If anyone knows of the whereabouts of the HJ Div Soldbuch shown on page 127 my friend would love to hear. It was stolen from his home and sold to the authors who bought it in good faith. Sadly it got sold on again once photos were taken for the book.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast