Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

KZ Dachau 1933

Article about: Thanks for the above. I was on temporary duty in Europe for two weeks and unable to respond to the above. I think there has been some misunderstanding here, which readers can reconcile in ca

?

Default KZ Dachau 1933

Extraordinary photos of camp personnel in Dachau 1933.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Dachau 1933   KZ Dachau 1933  

KZ Dachau 1933   KZ Dachau 1933  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KZ Dachau 1933
    P
    Many

Default Re: KZ Dachau 1933

I wish there were better photos of the collar tabs, in wear. There are those who say the skull collar tab was not introduced until 1935. I believe they were in use, of the 'pirate style' as early as 1933, probably produced in Dachau or by a local maker.

Bob Hritz

Thiws is a 1934 dated RZM tunic of the highest quality. It is a junior officer wearing the earlier black/aluminum cord and was not updated to the newer pattern aluminum piping. I would guess this obersturmfuehrer was assigned to Dachau.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Dachau 1933  

?

Dachau 1936, Himmler and Hess pay a visit. Quite incredible that these images survived. Look at Himmler inspecting the model with such enthusiasm, chilling.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KZ Dachau 1933   KZ Dachau 1933  

?

The more I delve into the archive the more shocked I am. Surely these images were never meant to have survived?

Dachau 1938. Another visit by Himmler.

Bob,
    In the Bauer 1933 shots of Dachau the collar patches being worn are those of the 34 Foot regiment.
    D.

These pics are just sad. Once again perspective is achieved in this hobby. Those poor prisoners and looking at these pics knowing what is going to happen to them. Sorry to get off topic but sometimes pics like these are pretty deep.

I would certainly love to find circa 1934 photos of uniform wear in Dachau. I suspect we would see many of the old style collar tabs, in wear. I believe the new pattern was available by 1935 or 36, so would expect a mix, in those years.

Bob Hritz

Bob,
    The early SS-TV insignia is a real mystery, well, at least to me it is. For one thing the hundertschaft numbers don't match the strength of the units. Early published orders mention collar patches up to 25 companies but no SS-TV unit gets even close to this, yet despite that we see numbers as high as 20 being worn with the first pattern skull.
    I know you feel the patches were in use earlier than I do and it would be great if someone reading this could add photographic material. Much of what I rely on comes from David Bunde's extensive, and extremely graciously shared, collection of TV photographs and some recent archival material from Russia.
    I am attempting to collate what material I have into a pdf to at least get my thoughts on paper. Everyone is more than welcome to a copy, you just need acrobat reader. I'll finish it up in the next few days.
    I think this might be the best way to use the internet fora to advance a topic. Threads always seem to go on and on, sometimes lose track and are difficult to find again, at least that's what I find.
    I did send some collector friends a pdf on the first SS field cap, the kraetzchen, and I have re-edited it twice adding their valuable feedback, (more of a wiki approach). Anyone that would like that pdf just leave me a message with your email.
    D.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast