Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

LAH Shoulder boards and slip ons

Article about: Hey folks. I would love your expertise on this matter. I'm interested in purchasing this small group of items. Curious if they appear to be authentic and is \\$750 way too high? As always, tha

Default LAH Shoulder boards and slip ons

Hey folks. I would love your expertise on this matter. I'm interested in purchasing this small group of items. Curious if they appear to be authentic and is $750 way too high? As always, thank you.

LAH Shoulder boards and slip onsLAH Shoulder boards and slip onsLAH Shoulder boards and slip ons

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LAH Shoulder boards and slip ons
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: LAH Shoulder boards and slip ons

They look o.k. to me ! $750 for the pair is a great deal for LAH boards!!!!!!!

mission impossible to judge it from such distance. any way from these pics i would not bet a cent. i don't like.
    price, for originals, it's an absolute bargain

?

Such kind of items needs closeup inspection, I did not discover a redflags on them, I like straps, and the LAH attachments looks also not a bad, at least I 've never seen a fakes like this. But anyway let's hear other opinions. 750 is a real good price
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Well that's encouraging. Problem is, I have seen these in person but I don't have the expertise to know if they are fakes and I met the seller online. $750 is a ton of money in my book so it seems risky. Are they worth quite a bit more than $750 if they are authentic? Thank you everyone for your assistance.

?

approx twicely
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I will throw my shadow on these and say I do not like them. If they are being sold as originals I would not spend that ammount of money on them. Here is why: 1. That price is very good for LAH boards. Too good. It seems it just good enough for you to take a gamble. I don't have the money to gamble. 2. The LAH looks ok, but the boards are def scarry to me. Look at the tress, poor workmanship, dif types of tress, and I don't know about the piping. 3. The boards have very funny looking flaps for me.

As a whole, I do not like this set. Sorry.

Regards,

Jeff

Thank you Killroy. Not sure if this matters but this was the original message I received from the seller...

"I am attaching a photo of a pair of LAH slip on shoulder boards I own.* I purchased these 20 years ago at the Nashville collector's show at the armory from a visiting German collector.* I understand that the LAH slip on probably belongs on a pink boarder pair of boards, and that the ones pictured are SS NCO.* This is the way I bought this set, and though I originally intended to piece together a Panzer wrapper tunic I never bought any remaining items.* Needless to say, this is the only WWII item I own and am interested in selling them to someone who would make better use of them."

Does this seem to change anything in your minds regarding the $750 price, assuming the item was authentic?

I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole my friend. The board are for sure bad. His story seems very hard to believe. Think of it from your prespective. An LAH should board set is something a more refined collector would want all be it something everyone would jump at the chance to buy at the right price. Why would this guy only buy one thing that happens to be so sought after and collecting specific if he NEVER bought anything else. Just seems like he is trying to reel you in. Be careful.

Jeff

Hey Jeff. I took your advice and passed on the boards. I did meet up with the seller and he seemed very cool and nice. His story was much more believable in person but it doesn't matter now. Thank you for the advice. Better safe than sorry when you don't know what you're doing... like me.