Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

LAH Waffen SS Shoulder Straps?

Article about: All, These were part of a grouping bring-backs from a US vet. They appear to be a pair Waffen SS EM Shoulder Straps with LAH slip-ons, however the backing on the shoulder straps are not soli

?

Default LAH Waffen SS Shoulder Straps?

All,
    These were part of a grouping bring-backs from a US vet. They appear to be a pair Waffen SS EM Shoulder Straps with LAH slip-ons, however the backing on the shoulder straps are not solid black. I just want to make sure I am identifying them correctly.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LAH Waffen SS Shoulder Straps?
    P
    Many

Waffen SS shoulder straps are not solid black cloth in construction, feld grau cloth to the underside is fine.

So your id is correct.

These are rather odd: "fat" piping and very shoddy construction. These do not say "real" to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default Additional Insignia

Thanks, Ade. These came straight out of the estate of a 101st vet and were not sullied by the hands of anyone else. Vet was with a POW interrogation team (IPW Team 9).

Other bring backs included the items below. I'm adding this info only because based on the provenance, I'm certain these straps are real. The only other scenario would be the vet picked them up later, however based on my opinion regarding the authenticity of the other items, I'm leaning towards the former.

I would appreciate your further opinion as well as that of others as I will eventually be selling these items on the forum.

I agree with ade the shoulderboards look strange dosent mean there not period just not textbook.
    The LAH cyphers look fine and original,so does the rest of the ss isignia you have posted.
    Cheers
    Dave.

I agree. The rest are certainly fine.

If you had showed me the shoulder straps alone, sans slip on's I would have rejected them out of hand....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks, Gentlemen! I should have included the other information/items when I made the original post to add context. I know enough to get me in trouble and just assumed they were one-lookers.