Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A late war SS sleeve eagle

Article about: Jeeezzzz A snip at £75 (excuse the pun)

Default A late war SS sleeve eagle

A snip at £75 (excuse the pun)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A late war SS sleeve eagle   A late war SS sleeve eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A late war SS sleeve eagle
    P
    Many

1st I have seen like that John.

Me too mate. I think it maybe a terrible fake

No It did exist, but not that desirable I am afraid

?

These printed sleeve eagles did exist. I have seen photos of Prinz Eugen troops wearing just such insignia. I will find the photos. However I have no idea if the example shown is period or not. Thanks

A late war SS sleeve eagleA late war SS sleeve eagle

I could only find these two but I assure you there are more period images.

Not a SS man or collector Bill Shea Ruptured Duck Militaria had some of them for sale several years back and said they were real late war printed I my self don't know. timothy

Quote by jHAM View Post
    These printed sleeve eagles did exist. I have seen photos of Prinz Eugen troops wearing just such insignia. I will find the photos. However I have no idea if the example shown is period or not. Thanks

A late war SS sleeve eagleA late war SS sleeve eagle

Nice to see that the Rottenfuhrer pictured seems to have transferred from the Kriegsmarine and wears his original awards.

Oh dang which book did i see Print Eagles in??? Got to dig around. But i too think they existed in very late war.

Good original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Here is another example showing a printed sleeve eagle in wear by an NCO in an Estonian unit (also of interest is the Heer camouflage pattern of his uniform:

(I have no further information on the image; it was saved from the internet for personal reference.)

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Nice to see that the Rottenfuhrer pictured seems to have transferred from the Kriegsmarine and wears his original awards.
    Late-war transfers of "surplus" naval personnel to the Waffen-SS happened. The Skanderbeg division is a good example: After the bulk of its Albanian members was discharged, some 1,800 sailors were transferred in during November 1944.
    Another large-scale transfer took place during February/March 1945, when a naval training regiment was sent to the SS-Panzergrenadier school at Kienschlag for re-training and re-assignment to various SS combat formations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast