MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Late war sturmfuhrer tab

Article about: Is this possibly a original, but damaged collar tab? The buckram is dyed black by the looks of it. Thanks for looking.

Default Late war sturmfuhrer tab

Is this possibly a original, but damaged collar tab? The buckram is dyed black by the looks of it. Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war sturmfuhrer tab   Late war sturmfuhrer tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late war sturmfuhrer tab
    P
    Many

The buckram has had dye transferred to it. If your planning on buying it I would suggest you pass on it it almost looks home made with no cloth folded on the back edges. If you were to buy but you may struggle to move it on in the future.
    Cheers
    Dave

Thank you David I've had this a while and was wandering if the edges had come away.

Quote by Bonecollector View Post
    Thank you David I've had this a while and was wandering if the edges had come away.
    Possibly who knows but it's definitely got very wet at some stage
    Cheers
    Dave

Yes. But fake most likely

Yes it looks like a put together. I have seen tabs absorbing dye run from collars, but not to this degree.
    And if the piping was original to this bogus piece the white thread attaching it should have some discolouration!

I think It's a wartime put together (field made), the normally "beige" cloth backing is a good cloth pattern. I don't think It's dyed, I guess It was wet on some point and got through the cloth.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    I think It's a wartime put together (field made), the normally "beige" cloth backing is a good cloth pattern. I don't think It's dyed, I guess It was wet on some point and got through the cloth.
    Thank you Sid. Could it be a genuine tab that has got wet, and then he has been promoted and the border added, is this possible? That may explain why the white cotton is still white? Not sure if these pictures are any better
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war sturmfuhrer tab   Late war sturmfuhrer tab  

Last edited by Bonecollector; 06-24-2019 at 06:08 PM.