Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Latvian tunic

Article about: prosty zolnierz, heres some info on the inbetween wars (1922-1940) Latvian army. Basic information: - Population: 1.97 million (1937) - Population density: 30 persons per square km - Land bo

Default Latvian tunic

greetings fellow contributors, perhaps we need to cast the net into other waters.
    not well up on items from this part of the world, so I am after further information on this jacket. as you can see, there is a connection. Paldies
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latvian tunic   Latvian tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latvian tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Latvian tunic

I can tell you one thing, that Waffen SS arm eagle is probably not original to the uniform.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

you are not paying attention dear boy. perhaps I should have placed the eagle on the waist at an angle .

?

I dont understand what you are asking here, Is the eagle attached? is this a tunic you have and are wondering if it is authentic?

I thought collector gave an honest and clear opinion.....

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    greetings fellow contributors, perhaps we need to cast the net into other waters.
    not well up on items from this part of the world, so I am after further information on this jacket. as you can see, there is a connection. Paldies
    sigh.......................! how can I simplify matters. The tunic is Latvian army but pattern unknown to me ( pre-war or WW2 ? ). Hopefully somebody out there will have " the knowledge". The original owner joined " zer SS". The arm eagle that came with the group was placed on the sleeve to make the association with this fact. I posted the query in the Axis section to no avail so I decided to seek a wider audience. Perhaps I should have just asked " What is this tunic " ? ( sans adler ). Perhaps my downfall is related to doing cryptic crosswords !

?

Not going to waste my time here.

It looks like someone cut out an SS sleeve eagle from a tunic, and sewn fabric, and all right onto it.

Brian

I can see that the SS sleeve eagle is not sewn to the Latvian officer tunic. I will research and see if I can find information on the era of the tunic.

Bob Hritz

?

you're a nice guy bob. nicely curious, too!

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I can see that the SS sleeve eagle is not sewn to the Latvian officer tunic. I will research and see if I can find information on the era of the tunic.

Bob Hritz

thank you Robert. as previously stated, Latvian but what period ? I would assume pre-war thirties era. I believe the cuffs are French pattern . I also assume, but whether correct, the red piping indicated branch of service. as to indication of rank ? there doesn't appear to be any evidence of shoulder strap attachment . the eagle was with the other uniform items part of the group.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast