Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a legit SS pin?

Article about: This pin went through a fire. It is burnt pretty bad, but the Cloissone is mostly ok. The center of the Hakenkreuz is damaged. I have lightened the image with my computer so that you can see

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Is this a legit SS pin?

This pin went through a fire. It is burnt pretty bad, but the Cloissone is mostly ok. The center of the Hakenkreuz is damaged. I have lightened the image with my computer so that you can see it better. The back says the following: "GES. GESCH STUMPF U. SOHN SILBER" I am not 100% sure of the name. It is really burnt on the back. Somebody cleaned the name, etc. up. The flag is approx. 17 mm square. The entire pin seems to be made of silver - as it says on the back. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this a legit SS pin?  Is this a legit SS pin? 

2. # ADS

Hans1939
    ?

Default Re: Is this a legit SS pin?

Sorry,is fake.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Hans1939 View Post
    Sorry,is fake.
    You may be right, but why would they make a fake out of Silver? That makes no sense to me.

Hi Bob, this is the "SS-Heimwehr Danzig" ehrennadel (Honour pin).

It is a rare pin which is heavily faked. This one is bad.

Use of real silver is not unknown in fakes. In the late 1970 fakers were buying original WW1 British medals to melt down to make fake Nazi rings and stuff

Cheers, Ade.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

It seems A LOT of what I bought from that Greg guy was fake! I guess I was fooled by the fact that it was burned.

?

there is no screw swirl on the pin, its a great one to fake

Dick
    ?

I have a real one that is serial number 80, and with the same serial number on the award document that went to the pin. They were awarded in a cerimony. I have the mans other documents and photo's showing him as a member of SS Heimwehr Danzig. The point being, with a documented authentic piece, there is no question that pin asked about, is total fake as the others have pointed out.
    The copies I have seen are not made out of real silver. Even if they were silver, it would not cost much to do that, with the cost of silver very small for that amount in size, plus the price they were selling these fakes for.
    The burning of these, and other type aging of things are common ways to provide more BS to a seller of fakes story.
    Last edited by Dick; 04-22-2009 at 04:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Dick View Post
    I have a real one that is serial number 80, and with the same serial number on the award document that went to the pin. They were awarded in a cerimony. I have the mans other documents and photo's showing him as a member of SS Heimwehr Danzig. The point being, with a documented authentic piece, there is no question that pin asked about, is total fake as the others have pointed out.
    The copies I have seen are not made out of real silver. Even if they were silver, it would not cost much to do that, with the cost of silver very small for that amount in size, plus the price they were selling these fakes for.
    The burning of these, and other type aging of things are common ways to provide more BS to a seller of fakes story.
    Just curious - Mine is a stick pin. Is yours also a stick pin? what is the size of it? Thanks

Dick
    ?

Of course, same. That's what fakers do. Counterfeiters of money also make the money the same size, and looks.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Dick View Post
    Of course, same. That's what fakers do. Counterfeiters of money also make the money the same size, and looks.
    I am asking these questions so maybe I'll recognize a real one when and if I ever see one. So is yours a stick pin? And is it also 17cm x 17cm? Do they also make the pin in a larger size?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast