MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler white summer uniforms

Article about: I've been doing some reading on the Leibstandarte and came across a short mention of white summer uniforms, which they were authorized to wear starting in 1939. According to my book, the uni

Default Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler white summer uniforms

I've been doing some reading on the Leibstandarte and came across a short mention of white summer uniforms, which they were authorized to wear starting in 1939. According to my book, the uniform was rarely seen other than on ceremonial duty at Berchtesgaden. I'm looking for some good pictures of these pieces--tunics, hats-- and have come up empty except for a couple of black and white photos of them in wear. Interestingly, in both such photos the wearers are in white tunic and black hat, though my source indicated that both a white tunic and hat were issued.

I've looked through the forum a bit too. Apologies if I've overlooked examples posted here.

I can imagine that these issues, being scarce for SS items, are certainly a Holy Grail.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler white summer uniforms
    P
    Many

Default Re: Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler white summer uniforms

Actually, the white summer uniform was not unique to the Leibstandarte, but authorized for the entire SS organization; you may be confusing this with the white leather equipment, which was indeed unique to the LSSAH.

These links should be of help:
    Weisse Uniformen im hohen Amt
    http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...t&sd=a&start=0
    http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=59169
    http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=50298

?

R. Hassler's site has a nice tunic under the "Archive" heading towards the end of the collection of photographs. If you have not seen his site I would recommend looking at some of the research and links he has posted as they are quite enjoyable.

Regards,

CMH

CMH and HPL, thanks for the these. Just the stuff I was looking for. Such a marvelous uniform it actually made Hitler cheerful.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler white summer uniforms