Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften

Article about: Hallo! I am totally new to this forum and this is my very first thread and a kind request. Currently I am working on a short study about the SS Totenkopf for my university in germany. I try

?

Please: What is the title of your book?

Thank you for the details on the Totenkopf!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften
    P
    Many

In volume 2 from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" a small part for the death head was
    dedicated in the chapter "Waffen-SS"; in volume 4 from the same series I told also
    about it in the chapter about "Allgemeine SS".
    Sizes I took from manufacturers catalogues as for example from the concern of F.W.
    Assmann
    from Lüdenscheid. There is a reprint available; originals do cost you money.
    Volume 2 is no longer available at the publisher in the USA: Bender Publishing. Volume 4 is.

I do and did collect uniform information, as well as catalogues since at least forty years.
    Anyway in the mid-1970's, when I collected political uniforms of the Third Reich and such.
    I got interested in "the what and how" then.
    Shown earlier at this forum a very, very small part of my files.

?

This is truely amazing! So much work and knowledge has to be appreciated, honoured and used in a public manner!

Quote by shell2 View Post

This is truely amazing! So much work and knowledge has to be appreciated, honoured and used in a public manner!
    Wim is a great man and we are very lucky that he helps us all. His books repay rereading and this is high praise, because most of the other regalia books
    suffer from sloppy research and appalling style.

?

Regarding these cupboards full of research I highly doubt to find something "new".

I ordered some books via my library and let you know if I have something to share with you.

I have no idea if you find "the story" about the SS death's head in magazines like
    "Uniformen-Markt", "Schwert und Spaten", "Deutsche Uniformen-Zeitschrift"
    and others. I do not have time to go through all of the issues I have (all of them
    I own practically complete).

In the well-known booklet "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden" by Freiherr von Eelking,
    hardly anything about the death;'s head was noted:

As far as I remember I have not red about the death's head in the book "Die Geschichte der SA"
    by Dr. Hans Volz, published in 1934. The SS-symbol was not included, as far as I remember.

?

You have them nearly all? Did you ever let people from the outside enter your collection?

Quote by shell2 View Post
    You have them nearly all? Did you ever let people from the outside enter your collection?
    Yes, but not all the copies are in a good condition. Sometimes the copies are lousy. Remember, a copying
    machine from the 1970's was not that good, as some of them these days. I do not have originals, as I
    do not need them. I just am interested in the text and for that a xerox-copy is even that good!

Yes, I had many visitors. At the end (after 30-35 years) some were nice and some of them are great friends,
    but many were later not to be trusted and vicious. The one or the other even claimed he had written some
    of my books. I always say: a new "friend" is 95% believe (as I am not clear-sighted) and 5% a true trust!!
    I gave a lot of copies to those that were intending to write a book, as a help. I was given only a very, very few
    books that actually included my material.

Wim shares his knowledge in two ways: a.) his books, which, if we can, we should buy and b.) through this site, which we endorse and support.

?

Oh, it is a pity if you didn't get the "thank you" that you were deserving for sure.

Nowadays it is easy to find tons of Totenkopf pictures online, but for me it is hard to find really valueable and trustful sources to write an academic paper. Those magazines are like gold to every historian interested in this topic.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast