Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften

Article about: Hallo! I am totally new to this forum and this is my very first thread and a kind request. Currently I am working on a short study about the SS Totenkopf for my university in germany. I try

I will let someone else put the Persoenlicher Stab RFSS finding aid in Google translate.

I have never had enough time in Germany to look in these two sets of files, not the least, because my time is limited and I am always doing something else
    that is somewhat less historical and surely somewhat less archival.

One of you can do so, especially with the needed motivation and with the time the task requires. The work is not done in a day, and it requires academic bona fides,
    as these entities are not there to serve collector interests about badges.

Bundesarchiv - Recherche
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-25-2016 at 03:31 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften
    P
    Many

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenMr. Shell asked who made my kepi, and both I own are made by Kuepper in Wuppertal. I also own a peaked cap of the same firm.

Here is also the cap of a member here. Courtesy d'Alquen and Paul Sack.

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-25-2016 at 01:19 PM.

Quote by shell2 View Post
    Oh, it is a pity if you didn't get the "thank you" that you were deserving for sure.

Nowadays it is easy to find tons of Totenkopf pictures online, but for me it is hard to find really valueable and trustful sources to write an academic paper. Those magazines are like gold to every historian interested in this topic.

There is very little sound knowledge about this regalia in the digital space. There is a surplus of collector suppositions without primary sources or a sound interpretation.

All of this suggest to me the total limits of knowledge in the digital age. The real creation of sound knowledge still takes time and requires a lot of conventional hard work.

Most of the images are of fakes, by the way. Or fantasy items.

The recent book on the Wewelsburg as a cult object is very instructive in the process whereby much of the SS regalia has been recycled and given a new purpose
    since the year 1945. I need to find the citation. I read it recently with great interest.

https://www.schoeningh.de/katalog/ti...6-78094-2.html

?

I've been offline for some days and now I am overwhelmed about the enormous help you are giving to me. Thank you. I am going to read all your postings in detail in the next days and reply to your advices.

Have a nice sunday!

I've been offline for some days and now I am overwhelmed about the enormous help you are giving to me. Thank you. I am going to read all your postings in detail in the next days and reply to your advices.

Have a nice sunday!

Good luck. If you really do make it into the Bundesarchiv files and find something, please share it with us.

And you can also ask us questions. You won't find persons elsewhere as committed to the topic with this level of experience as the stalwarts here.

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenThis recent work is also very useful on the SS in general.

Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriftenas is this work, too.

Dr CMH has been looking for it, and it is here, gegen hartes, gutes Geld! = USD 134.00 but worth every penny. It did not cost that new, but there you are.

kaienburg wirtschaft - ZVAB
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-28-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenAlso very revealing is this work:

?

This is from "Die Praxis der Mützenmacherei" by Fritz Kempe, Leipzig 1935, here pages 70 and 71.

It says that there were special "Anfertigungsvorschriften" (manufacturing instructions) which were published by the "Beschaffungsamt der SS".

Have you seen any document considering these instructions?

greetings

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften
    This is from "Die Praxis der Mützenmacherei" by Fritz Kempe, Leipzig 1935, here pages 70 and 71.

It says that there were special "Anfertigungsvorschriften" (manufacturing instructions) which were published by the "Beschaffungsamt der SS".

This is the Hempe book which I found and Wolfgang made open to the world.

What Hempe refers to is the 1934 reform of SS uniform, which we have excerpted from the Mitteilungsblaetter. If you can get the download of the 1934 and 1935
    RZM circulars, the story unfolds there. I excerpted most of these, but I did not date them. The result of this directive are the caps in my collection as well as others
    which we have shown here. Prior to this "Vom RFSS befohlene Ausfuehrung" regime of mid 1934, the caps were made without any completely uniform manner.
    This reform applied to all or most items of uniform.

Have you seen any document considering these instructions?

greetings

this document is from June 1934. I have not seen the document itself, only these references to it, and the results in those caps that endure. An imperfect science.
    The document must be somewhere, somehow, but we have not found it with our means at hand.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-30-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast