Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Looking at this? White summer tunic.

Article about: Hello I ran across this last weekend, the seller said it just came out of a vets locker. He has it for sale what do you think? Thanks Curt

Default Re: Looking at this? White summer tunic.

Sorry Ade, just wanted to get my info correct.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking at this? White summer tunic.
    P
    Many

Easily the score of the year. I am sure you are getting a lot of offers to buy it right now. If you do go to sell it, I would recommend auctioning it off to get the best price.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thanks Adrian I dont want this listing to get into a rock throwing contest. I have been getting offers, for the tunic I will probally let it go sometime in the future. I usually collect guns helmets ect. this is the first uniform I have had, the local museum wants me to loan it to them. i am still thinking things over. I was able tonight to look it over there arent any labels or names inside. Does anybody have any suggestions about storing the uniform so it will not be damaged.

take care
    Curt

?

I also have another qusetion does anyone know where I can send the visor cap i listed to get it repaired?

Wow that's just fabulous that it's an authentic piece. Surely a super find for you. I'm glad you got it and not me. I wouldn't be able to decide if i wanted to keep it or sell it, lol. Tough choice.

For restoration done properly, I would contact our own Forum member BenVK. His work with even tattered remnants is remarkable, and it would, more importantly, be done Right. For storage suggestions, again, I would contact yet another Forum member here- Friederich Berthold. He has a good number of SS uniforms and could certainly give you some good pointers and advise as to the proper and safest way to store such an item. (No doubt quite differently from the old days when I simply hung My black SS officer's uniform on a wooden hanger in my Closet with the pants folded over the hanger and the belt hung loosely around it all..., but that was many a moon ago! Times have changed, for sure! lol)
    So, I guess the idea now is, keep or sell? If you sell, you could be looking at a decent instant profit to re-invest into more items that would match your collecting interests or if you held it back, it could rise in value. Personally, my advise here would be to hold it for 5 years and see where the market has gone. I suspect it will almost certainly increase in value-and substantially so-but one never knows these days. If I could predict the future, I'd be a rich man today! Either way, as has been said, it was the find of a lifetime-literally. When you make your decision for it's future, take your time and do it right! If nothing else, you could have a Hell of a vacation to Anywhere in the World that you choose! Great pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

My advice would be to keep the thing until someone has to pry it from your cold, dead hands. If the money is more important to you then you have to do what makes you happy, but I would keep it, personally.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    My advice would be to keep the thing until someone has to pry it from your cold, dead hands. If the money is more important to you then you have to do what makes you happy, but I would keep it, personally.
    I'd have to agree with Mo. When is something like this ever going to cross your path at such a baragin price??? Chances are never again. But, that's the decision you will have to live with. If you keep it for now, you will always be able to sell it if need be. If you sell it quickly for the money, you may one day regret it and never be able to buy it back.

I received similar advice regarding a Heer general's M38 cap that I found. I went through a rough patch back in May and I considered selling it. I'm very, very glad that I didn't.

personally, i wouldn't sell it. and the reason is a variation of what helmetone and some other like-minded individuals have said.

it's not the tunic that i'd have a problem selling. it's the story.

if this happened to me, the story of how you came about owning this tunic is really something, and to those that would appreciate the story of finding a white Brigadefuehrer SS tunic for 3K, i'd tell it. and i'd show the tunic after the telling.

if i sold the thing, that story would just become another "fish-that-got-away" fable. you'd tell it and... what? show a picture of the tunic you used to have? maybe?
    and there'd always be just a tinge of disappointment at that point. you'd wish you could show it, and the person listening would wish they could see it.

great tunic. great story. don't let it go just yet.

let the museum have it awhile.

on the other hand, there's some big SS guys on the forum that haven't been posting here as much as i'd have expected. i'd wager that's because they're either on vacation or busy PM-ing you.
    it's a personal decision in the end.
    so if you do decide to sell it... let me say this: the SS collectors here have the knowledge to give a tunic like this the respect and conservation and treatment it deserves. and on top of that, they have put in the hours here helping collectors. i don't think you could find a better group to sell it to if that were your decision.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast