Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Looking at this? White summer tunic.

Article about: Hello I ran across this last weekend, the seller said it just came out of a vets locker. He has it for sale what do you think? Thanks Curt

?

Default Re: Looking at this? White summer tunic.

This is one of the pieces you will regret selling for the rest of your life. Money comes, and money goes. A Brigadefuhrer white jacket is something you Never will find again for such price.

I am very happy for you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking at this? White summer tunic.
    P
    Many

?

You mentioned that you collected other things, so I'm sure that you have some knowledge about keeping your valuables safe, but may I suggest that you attempt to insure the piece? I recently insured my collection and I feel much better having done so. Hopefully other, more knowledgable members are advising you, but my immediate thought was to make sure that the piece is insured. I don't think you could possibly make a bad decision with this whatever you do honestly. Showing pics on the forum was a very smart move, and I hope that you would consider joining as a WRF member.

Some sound advice here.

I would never sell it. Insurance is a very good point.

Re loaning to a museum. I would not do it. I know how many museums operate, not good, and I know folks who have loaned stuff and never got it back......

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks to all with your advice, Im palnning on keeping it for the near future. The guy that sold it to me is going to give me the container that it came in. It contained the IKE jacked and the visor cap. He told me it had an address and name of the vet that sent it back, he didnt bring it last saturday he said it smells bad LOL. Im going to try and figure out who the SS mamber belonged to. I will post some more pictures tonight I plan to look it over some more, Im trying to find a tag or a name on it.

Take care
    Curt

?

Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.Looking at this? White summer tunic.No luck with a name or a tag, if i get anymore info I will pass it along heres a couple of pics I took tonight.

Curt

?

One of the beautiful things I've seen.

All the best,
    Stefan

I can't stop looking at the pictures. If I were you I would take off work all week just to look at it. And I agree with Ade, don't let this tunic out of your sight. Let a museum get their own summer tunic. A museum building tou can trust. Its the employees I don't trust.

if you insure this, make sure you are insuring for market value to collectors.

with out of the ordinary items like this and rare guns and the like, insurance companies will often come up with whatever ridiculous compensation they can. i have had this happen to me with rare guns. basically a gun you couldn't find anywhere for less than 3000 i ended up getting 700 for.

you have to talk to your insurance person very specifically about this. it may require a separate rider on your policy.

i am sure there are some insurance guys around here who know a lot more about this than i do and i'd consult with them. it's pretty lame to pay for a few years, thinking everything is covered, and then God forbid a fire or something comes along and you don't get anything near what it is worth. this would be one of the few scenarios i can think of in which you'd very much with you had sold it.

- - Updated - -

and please... get those oily guns off of that thing right now!
    they're on glass, right? you're scaring me. haha

?

Yes there on the glass. my wife just got it out rom the one hour cleaners, just kidding

you definitely know how to twist my gut in a knot.

this might be a topic worth discussing: from a conservation standpoint is there an accepted (VERY conservative way) to ameliorate the soiling on a tunic like this, or is it flat out best to just leave it be.

my view would be not to touch it, but there are many here with vastly superior knowledge to my own with respect to handling these uniforms.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast