MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LSSAH Boards in question.

Article about: Hello everyone, i am seriously considering purchasing a pair of LSSAH boards. I have found two sets. One set looks a little funny to me, the one pair looks similar to the ones shown in Mark

Default LSSAH Boards in question.

Hello everyone, i am seriously considering purchasing a pair of LSSAH boards.
    I have found two sets. One set looks a little funny to me, the one pair looks similar to the ones shown in Mark Bando's Waffen SS insignia book. However i would like your expert opinions.
    Many thanks
    Nathan

The first two images are the ones i think may be reproduced The third picture is of Marks book and the last picture are of the set i think are good. The price is also almost half the amount of the first ones.
    LSSAH Boards in question.LSSAH Boards in question.LSSAH Boards in question.LSSAH Boards in question.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LSSAH Boards in question.
    P
    Many

?

The first pair of boards appear to be the type of reproduction which appeared a few years ago on a german dealer site.

The board in the Beaver book is the type i would consider as 100% original.

I'm not sure on the 3rd pair of boards. I have only a few examples in my files to compare (one US vet bring back, one pair from the Delich collection and the board pictured in the Beaver/Bando book) - all 3 boards from different sources do Show the same Details but they are all 3 different from the pair you consider to purchase.

Thank you, are the ones you have for reference exact matches or are there small discrepancies in them? Like you see in the totenkopf skulls.
    Thank you

?

Agree with everything MM posted, 100%...

?

Quote by Nathan8 View Post
    Thank you, are the ones you have for reference exact matches or are there small discrepancies in them? Like you see in the totenkopf skulls.
    Thank you

They do have exact the same Details (all 3 boards from different sources) - the once you want to buy do have just a lot of small different Points - might be a different maker or not. I would not be comfortable with them but again - maybe they are original - they do however look different in some points compared to the many copies from the European source.

Thank you for your help MM. i will look for items that are exact to Marks book.
    Thank you

I think I saw that 3rd pair at Martin Stiles site .

I agree with MM that the thread starting pair are no good - do leave them alone , and compare :
    Since I do have a bit of an extensive archive , let me show you some shoulderboards that I believe to be OK , and the differences must be obvious ;

In the collection of Mr. Delich , without doubt the best looking ones I ever saw - I am so envious .. !

Look at how the embroidery comes out at you in texture . It kind of jumps at you , I
    have no other words . The quality of manufacture in the 1930's will never be surpassed or even equalled .

The thread starter shoulderboards are totally dead & liveless compared to these .

And I will not even mention the design flaws ( which would help the fakers ) ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LSSAH Boards in question.   LSSAH Boards in question.  

Last edited by Winkelman; 09-17-2017 at 02:07 AM.

Talking

More favourites that I have faith in , I hope MM agrees ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LSSAH Boards in question.   LSSAH Boards in question.  

LSSAH Boards in question.   LSSAH Boards in question.  

Attached Images Attached Images LSSAH Boards in question. 

My own modest contribution - it came from a very very old collection in Zeeland , the southernmost province of the Netherlands , where the LAH went onwards chasing the British in 1940 .
    After a short sight seeing trip in The Hague .
    So that kind of made sense ..
    Next stop : PARIS .. !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LSSAH Boards in question.  

But now , let's go to my absolute favourite part : PERIOD PICTURES .. !

( Do note the Führer showing his true heartfelt appreciation for this female admiror )

LSSAH Boards in question.   LSSAH Boards in question.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast