Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lssah info requested, please

Article about: A retired USMC officer I know had a Grandfather in the LSSAH. Grandpa was killed in Caen (France?) but not certain what year. Grandma married a US Army soldier to get away from Germany, and

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Lssah info requested, please

A retired USMC officer I know had a Grandfather in the LSSAH. Grandpa was killed in Caen (France?) but not certain what year. Grandma married a US Army soldier to get away from Germany, and seldom talked about it - and is long dead. He is not even sure of Grandpa's name. He thinks either Gunther Rolf, or Rolf Gunther. I was wondering if some of you guys with the books could find his Grandpa in the records and give his some info about DOD, DOB, even his name - FOR SURE. A foto would be REALLY appreciated. Thanks ! PS: How do you like "PANZERMEYER" ? I just got this today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lssah info requested, please  

2. # ADS

?

Default re: Lssah info requested, please

Well known photo of PanzerMeyer it features on the front cover of his book Grenadiers , i love the old skull on his famous field crusher !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default re: Lssah info requested, please

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Well known photo of PanzerMeyer it features on the front cover of his book Grenadiers , i love the old skull on his famous field crusher !!
    I will bet if I posted THAT skull on this forum, I would get lots of people saying it was a repro.. I forgot to mention the size of this foto. It is HUGE- 21 cm x 30.5 cm.