MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M43

Article about: Now thats over, the reason I created this thread was to address the reasoning of the different thread color. If you look closely, the runic tab seems to be stitched with a somewhat white /gr

Default Re: M43

Now thats over, the reason I created this thread was to address the reasoning of the different thread color. If you look closely, the runic tab seems to be stitched with a somewhat white /grey thread, while the rank tab and eagle appear to be stitched with black. I don't feel this would have been common practice? My thought was it may be due to time, or even worst, the runic tab was replace. Any opinions?
    P.S I am no longer interested in this tunic, purely educational reasons. Also, if you notice he is only a private, not some seasoned ss member. Not have as much pride as a higher ranking ss man, I'd imagine he might have torn the ss tab off at the end of the war due to fear of the allies. This would give justification to the replacement theory IMO. However, I've seen old thread which was black in certain areas while "grayish" in others. Hints my confusion.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 05-22-2013 at 08:53 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43
    P
    Many

No the eagle is indeed a fake (neck and head). The rest is good.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    No the eagle is indeed a fake (neck and head). The rest is good.
    Hello Carlsson, as I respect your opinion and am grateful for your contribution to this thread, may I ask is there any research, books, etc. out there you can direct me to where I can confirm your opinion. Thank you sir.

Look at original eagles, you sure will see the differences.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43   M43  

There is one listed under ss items on this site
    Original WW2 German militaria, WW2 Red Army militaria, WW2 Soviet militaria and more...
    Item #ss061

a link to the eagle
    WW2 German militaria

What does Homer Simpson say again?? I hate these iPhones. Just got on a laptop and I can see the difference between the two different eagles I posted. Sorry :/ They are different variants but I still don't see anything wrong with the one on the tunic.

I do not have it saved in my fake eagle folder and have not seen it declared a fake on a open forum or reference book. I of course could have easily missed it, as we all make mistakes. I will attempt to find a prior discussion on this forum of the eagle or open up some boxes, I don't know which one will be more time consuming to be honest lol.

Well in the interest of fairness, here are pictures of 3 eagles - 1 from the tunic,1 from the Forum, and one online highlighted by ddavies. I still maintain that the tunic eagle is not the same as it does not match the detail of the others but if these eagles are the same I would still maintain that the photos provided for the tunic on the are abysmal and I would certainly not be tempted to part with the purchase price, based on the pictures provided.
    Many thanks to all who contributed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43   M43  

M43  

As I already mentioned the eagle is for sure a good one!!! I can not understand why this known variant causes such
    a discussion..? There is no need to have concerns about this eagle for sure There are far more than just 2 different types
    of woven eagles!
    The tunic is also an original imo but I doubt that the insignia is original wartime applied, eagle looks far to mint for this worn tunic.
    I still don't like the style of the rune tab but I will not say that this is for sure a fake.
    Best, Kevin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3