Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M44 Dot Camo Tunic and Trousers

Article about: I picked up this set in 1996 at a local auction, and just pulled it out of the back of the closet. The buttons on the tunic are gray/green painted alum. marked "ASG", "1942&qu

?

Default M44 Dot Camo Tunic and Trousers

I picked up this set in 1996 at a local auction, and just pulled it out of the back of the closet. The buttons on the tunic are gray/green painted alum. marked "ASG", "1942", and "19mm". The sleeve eagle was missing, but there was an un-faded eagle shape on the sleeve with zig-zag stitch holes. I found an eagle and stitched it on myself. The breast pocket has two set of loops for badges. Under the collar there is zig-zag stitching. I'd like to get some opinions on this one. Thanks, Rob.M44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  Trousers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M44 Dot Camo Tunic and  Trousers
    P
    Many

it looks very 'fresh' - almost like it perhaps wasn't nearly 50 years old when you purchased it in 1996! In the pictures it doesn't appear to have any age at all!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    it looks very 'fresh' - almost like it perhaps wasn't nearly 50 years old when you purchased it in 1996! In the pictures it doesn't appear to have any age at all!
    An interesting observation but not always a valid method of authenticationg an item. Something well stored can appear fresh. Camoflage is not my area of expertise so I will leave authentication for others.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi, Swas not looking very symmetrical, Maybe just late war, bash,crash, next.
    Regards SK

?

You did a fairly Good job on the sleeve Adler , by choosing a late-war pattern, sometimes referred to as 'Dachau' made. My m43 W-SS tunic has the same pattern eagle as well. I also respect that that you payed attention on wether it ever had a sleeve Adler or not, instead of just slapping one on regardless.

These camo feldBluse weren't always issued from the factory with the Adler sewn on the sleeve and many soldiers added one later if they chose.

I'm not sure if this reason had anything to do with the regulations regarding insignia applied to camo items , or not...hmmph! I'm sure someone will clarify this for us.

BTW, I can't leave without giving my utmost thanks and respect to Mr.Coleman for chiming in with his knowledge of such things hidden away in moth-free, moisture-absent dark corners of the world, where items can and STILL turn up every now and then (and end up in his collection, of course )

Note:
    ( the photo below is of my m43 W-SS tunic with the same type bird you used .)

Thanks,
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M44 Dot Camo Tunic and  Trousers  

?

Thanks for the comment so far, guys! I hope to hear some more. Here's a few more photos. Rob.M44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  Trousers

Hi Rob, sorry not good news.

This is a Janke made copy.

A couple of things give it away: not the green dots, there should be three tones of green used, not two. It lacks the mid tone dot. Secondly note the font used for the size markings, these are typical for Janke. The time frame in which you bought these was really the peak of the Janke era. I had a set of these back in 1988. Surplus buttons have always been around especially more so back then and were often added to his products.

Sorry for the bad news.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: your avatar always makes me smile.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Adrian: both fakes,sorry. I have examined in France several years ago a similar junkjacket
    the material used is more lightweight and breakable than the original DOT cloth camo (sorry for my horrible english)
    I don't know the origin (Pakistan??)of these fakes...
    M44 Dot Camo Tunic and  TrousersM44 Dot Camo Tunic and  Trousers

PS: the pants have a horrible cloth on interior (waist reinforcement) and poor finishing.

?

Thanks, guys! I thought that they maybe fakes, I just wasn't 100% sure. That's why I kept them in the back of the closet. Even for fake/repros, I still got them for a very good price. I always did like this pattern of camo. Now that I know they are not original, maybe I'll cut off the buttons and sleeve eagle, and replace them with repros. Now I can wear them in the fall when I go deer hunting with my rifle........M44 Dot Camo Tunic and  Trousers

This forum is great. I'm always amazed at the knowledge of the members here.

Ade, my avatar makes me smile also. Thanks again, Rob.