Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is this man wearing an ss uniform?

Article about: Still new to this guys. Is this man wearing an SS uniform? Thanks!

Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Notice SS tunics. This man is grinning at you, by the way. Do you know why?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this man wearing an ss uniform?
    P
    Many

Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?There are numerous pictures of SA and NSDAP PL people in such a dark brown textile in the 1933-1934 epoch. Others of you have such images. I confine myself to what you see here.
    There is a famous image of Dietrich and another SS potentate ca. 1932, with a black tunic in the SA style, with the bag bottom pockets. There are other images here, too, of this era when the black uniform first was introduced and the standardization piece did not kick in until the middle of 1934. We have these images somewhere. What I have enclosed is the more or less standardized uniform from the middle of 1934 onwards, i.e. when the RFSS system of pattern dictatorship took hold. We have documented this process in rich detail elsewhere.

It is definitely an early SA uniform. It is apparent that the kepi is two tone and not all black. It also lacks the totenkopf. As FB mentioned, the early SA tunics and kepis were of a darker brown than the later tunics which had it's material approved by the Reichszugmeisterei. Attached are pictures of an early dark brown kepi with leather visor and for comparison, an early all brown kepi of standard color. I also attach for comparison close up of an early dark brown Berlin-Brandenburg officer tunic and a lighter standard color officer tunic.

Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    It is definitely an early SA uniform. It is apparent that the kepi is two tone and not all black. It also lacks the totenkopf. As FB mentioned, the early SA tunics and kepis were of a darker brown than the later tunics which had it's material approved by the Reichszugmeisterei. Attached are pictures of an early dark brown kepi with leather visor and for comparison, an early all brown kepi of standard color. I also attach for comparison close up of an early dark brown Berlin-Brandenburg officer tunic and a lighter standard color officer tunic.

Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?
    Thank you, Bob, you are a champ.

The color was a chocolate brown versus the olive drab, which is what SA color really is, at least to my eye.
    Thanks for the addendum. We are grateful for such wise counsel.

Thanks guys! When did the SA wear a chocolate brown uniform? I wonder what was on the guy's mind at the time lol. He looks very focus on something.

Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Either Hitler was going by; or Roehm was being executed; or it time for lunch; or SA Mann is out of gas in his truck.

The past is full of riddles, and that, dear readers, is why he is smiling at you.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-28-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Well the photo of Ernst Rohm and the date of 1933 answers my question. Thanks Friedrich!

Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?The uniform was not made of chocolate, but a textile whose color reminds me of same.

- - ------- - -

Why yes, as concerns the image of Roehm, Himmler and Daluege, and I did not even notice. That surely is an example of the dark uniform, as contrasted to the black. Donnerwetter.
    I was so seized of chocolate.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-28-2014 at 02:28 AM.

MAP
    ?

Wow.......I LOVED this thread!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast