Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is this man wearing an ss uniform?

Article about: Still new to this guys. Is this man wearing an SS uniform? Thanks!

Default Is this man wearing an ss uniform?

Still new to this guys. Is this man wearing an SS uniform? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this man wearing an ss uniform?
    P
    Many

?

Hard to see, almost looks like he has some kind of "StreetCar operator" sign on the collartab. But those guys used two similar collartabs as far as i know. And since this is an early photo, i cannot be sure.

I wonder is the cover on the truck is a sort of camouflage? Thanks guys for your imput.

This is a dark colored variant of the SA uniform. Our Bob Coleman can speak to it. So can Wim Saris. I had a kepi that is in one of Wim's books of this dark brown cloth.
    The kepi I owned of this textile in on p 568 of the III vol of the Saris book. Bob Coleman now owns it. I owned several of the kepis in that book which are now Bob's and good thing it is, indeed.
    I own caps and tunics that then are enshrined in books once I sell them. It is a unique habit of mine.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-28-2014 at 03:51 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This is a dark colored variant of the SA uniform. Our Bob Coleman can speak to it. So can Wim Saris. I had a kepi that is in one of Wim's books of this dark brown cloth.
    Excellent! Thanks Friedrich-Berthold! What year do you supposed this was taken?

I do not know, but it is an early ish picture, i.e. before 1936, I think.....
    The others here would know better than I, as they are truly expert.

Lightbulb

Looks exactly like this tunic, even down to the rank on the collar tab. So seems to be SS, but I am not the expert you're looking for.

From TRADERS OF THE LOST SURPLUS

The 1932 black SS tunic could indeed have had the same cut as the SA tunic, but the enclosure above is a redyed Bundesgrenzschutz tunic from the 1950s or 1960s.
    I have one or more black SS tunics, by the way. As does Mr. Toncar, who is looking in here, and maybe he can share from his famous treasures.

Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Is this man wearing an ss uniform?Notice cut of SS tunic.

?

It's hard to tell from the photo, but his belt buckle looks to be the normal SA type.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast