MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My first sleeve eagle!

Article about: Hello, all! I saw this adler posted on the Classifieds yesterday and snapped it up almost immediately. These things are normally WAY out of my comfort zone, but it was priced right and being

Default My first sleeve eagle!

Hello, all!

I saw this adler posted on the Classifieds yesterday and snapped it up almost immediately. These things are normally WAY out of my comfort zone, but it was priced right and being sold by someone who seems trusted/ has a high amount of positive feedback.

What do you folks think?!

My first sleeve eagle!My first sleeve eagle!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first sleeve eagle!
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first sleeve eagle!

in my opinion, a nice original.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    in my opinion, a nice original.
    I agree with tempelhof.
    Congrats Joe.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A good one! Congrats

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    A good one! Congrats

Nick
    Thanks for the confirmation, Gents!

Can anyone shed some light on this type of sleeve eagle? Is it a variant that would have seen field use, or would it have been one of those types of insignia that were never issued and were found in the warehouses of Dachau?

It looks Dachau made to me but maybe the experts will differ

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    It looks Dachau made to me but maybe the experts will differ

Nick
    So would you say that this type of eagle was issued? (I assume that my eagle was UNissued based on it's condition, but I am talking about others of the same variant.)

I am no expert but I believe that this type of eagle was both issued and used.

You have to remember that whilst a lot of stuff did languish in Dachau and was picked up by US troops, some of their "brothers" did make it on to (late war tunics) and were used. Have a look around and I am sure that you will be able to find this type of eagle on tunics.

Thanks for the responses, everyone! I just wasn't sure if this variant of the SS sleeve eagle sat stockpiled at Dachau like many of the foreign volunteer shields and collar tabs that are reasonably affordable and are often the first SS pieces in new collections.

My first sleeve eagle!My first sleeve eagle!My first sleeve eagle!My first sleeve eagle!

It does not matter if they were/were not issued but as long as they are "proper" pieces made before the end of WW2 then they will/should be collected for what they are.............

If you apply the maxim from Churchill that "they also serve who only stand and wait" to this type of insignia it does put in a better light on the basis that at least it is original to the period and not some exalted rare cap badge, runic tab or eagle that looks like a real good buy, but turns out to be a dud.
    Just my 2 cents....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast