Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first SS items

Article about: Hello all! I finally stuck my toe into the inescapable quicksand pit that is collecting SS items. To me, it made sense to start with 29th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (1st Italian) it

Default My first SS items

Hello all!

I finally stuck my toe into the inescapable quicksand pit that is collecting SS items.

To me, it made sense to start with 29th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (1st Italian) items. First, I am Italian, and the foreign volunteers of the SS is something I find very interesting. Second, Italian SS items tend to be some of the most affordable SS items.

I picked up these items from Bill and Patrick Shea at The Ruptured Duck. They were amazing to deal with and I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Pics to follow...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first SS items
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first SS items

Waffen-SS Italian volunteer's sleeve shield:

My first SS itemsMy first SS items

Waffen-SS Italian volunteer's collar tab:

My first SS itemsMy first SS items

Of course I'd need another collar tab to complete the set (I believe it would be just blank...), and I would need the Italian SS sleeve eagle that is clutching a fasces with it's talons.

Is there anything else that I'm missing that would go with this grouping?

Of course, if anyone has anything I'd need for sale, I'd REALLY appreciate it!

?

Great start too your SS collecting GIZMO8Z but i am afraid you have now caught the SS bug

Quote by HD1450 View Post
    Great start too your SS collecting GIZMO8Z but i am afraid you have now caught the SS bug
    I've already got the milsurp rifle bug, and the Order of the Red Star bug... now this! It seems that I have an infestation...

?

Original but I don't think the shield was ever issued and worn.
    Pete

Quote by wood View Post
    Original but I don't think the shield was ever issued and worn.
    Pete
    Thanks, Pete! I'm pretty sure neither of them were ever issued. I think these are known as Dachau SS insignia. When the concentration camp was liberated, TONS of these (along with tabs representing other foreign volunteer groups in the SS) were found in bulk and taken home by G.I.s as souvenirs.

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Thanks, Pete! I'm pretty sure neither of them were ever issued. I think these are known as Dachau SS insignia. When the concentration camp was liberated, TONS of these (along with tabs representing other foreign volunteer groups in the SS) were found in bulk and taken home by G.I.s as souvenirs.

Yes there were many thousands of these Dachau tabs taken back as souvenirs , but although mint & unissued they are still nice to have in a collection . I do prefer tunic removed examples as they can tell a story ,but all the same i do like the minty ones aswell , i suppose one of each ( used /mint ) would be the ideal collection

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I've already got the milsurp rifle bug, and the Order of the Red Star bug... now this! It seems that I have an infestation...
    I think you will find SS area of collecting will be a very expensive bug. Buy well and be careful!

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast