Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My humble collection of SS items

Article about: Looks great!

Default My humble collection of SS items

Greetings, I hope that some may find these relatively common SS items or setting of interest, though its very meagre compared to those displayed on this site. I have wide and varied collecting interests and, concerning SS, I aim for a diverse collection of authentic, representative items. The SS NCO degen is probably my most treasured; it is completely untouched & uncleaned. The hilt fittings and scabbard mount are of solid nickel not being plated. It is rare to find examples this early having the solid feature. I am currently looking for NCO shoulderboards. The display cabinet is Australian Red Cedar circa 1880's, possibly from an old post office or a colonial bank. The items are on full display in my home. regards, paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My humble collection of SS items  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My humble collection of SS items
    P
    Many

Default Re: My humble collection of SS items

Nice collection,i like the cabinet too!What are those cut out SS runes?They look to be on a blue background?

Hi Paul, a nice collection of original items. Originality is all that matters.

I would just turn the dagger scabbard around the right way.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A super collection with some desirable items !

What is that bottom right?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    What are those cut out SS runes?They look to be on a blue background?
    The runes are for SS members serving in the police, if I remember correctly.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks. The cut-out SS runes are an SS members runic breast badge worn beneath the left pocket. It was worn by SS members serving with Police, as well as those units not entitled to wear runic collar tabs. Collector's Guild has one for sale with the excellent background info that is typical of that site. cheers paul

Hi Nick, The item at bottom right is a 1944 SS soldatenfreund (Soldiers Friend or pocket-diary). The book is filled in and belonged to a SS Sturmmann/Rottenführer: 'Lorenz März', he was born in Ungarn (Hungary). He was a member of the 'SS-Pz.Gren-Ers.Btl.18' Breslau, there are lots of 'original' unit stamps in the front of the book. cheers, Paul

Quote by backtothefront View Post
    Hi Nick, The item at bottom right is a 1944 SS soldatenfreund (Soldiers Friend or pocket-diary). The book is filled in and belonged to a SS Sturmmann/Rottenführer: 'Lorenz März', he was born in Ungarn (Hungary). He was a member of the 'SS-Pz.Gren-Ers.Btl.18' Breslau, there are lots of 'original' unit stamps in the front of the book. cheers, Paul
    Thanks Paul , sounds great. If you get chance pics would be good

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice collection you have there

?

Very nice collection thanks for letting me see it!

Curt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast