Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My new SS 1942 stamped crosstrap i just recieved!!!!very happy!!!!

Article about: Hi,just wanted to post my new SS cross strap that i was asking about(the seller just had bad pics)GOT IT TODAY...AND WOW!!! the catches that i thought were aluminium are nickel plated steel

Default Re: My new SS 1942 stamped crosstrap i just recieved!!!!very happy!!!!

Quote by hawkins View Post
    yes why ?
    Any chance of pics of them? Just out of interest thats all
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new SS 1942 stamped crosstrap i just recieved!!!!very happy!!!!
    P
    Many

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Any chance of pics of them? Just out of interest thats all
    sure i will recharge another camera , and try and do some better photos , I try to take good and clear ones but its a art i have not masterd to what i would like

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Very nice piece, indeed. If it ever needs a new home, please let me know.
    Thanks i will say the same as it would go nice with your vast tunics and caps , But i know i can only dream but dreams are free so they say ,

if it is a reproduction then it was made atleast 40+ years ago as i know leather...and on the inside of the "nickel pated clips"there is light rust shining thru plus im possitive that they would have been made in 1942...all the stamped "known ss straps ive seen are mostly from 1938 that are sewn.."the rivets are "exactly the same as wehrmacht straps i own" just the age of the leather and the way its "formed" well i know it MUST be atleat 40+ years ago as the leather "loop" when looked at closley has very sharp corners on the inside...but just because there is not a documented examle of this or does not look like the "normal 1938 versions just makes me think that it just a rarer crisstrap.i do repect your opinions but as far as saying its fake,i dont think that something like this would have been reproduced 40+ years ago plus the fact that if someone was to reproduce something such as this then they would have made 1000-10000 pieces and the stamps totally match rzm to numbers to ss.just because the condition is good this should not be dissmissed.i belive this crosstrap to be 100% original as it was sold with an original set of leather ss marked hanger leather straps from olc and they came from the same person(soldier)and ive owned the other leather straps that he was selling and they ARE 100% og (i used to own the same set...)ive added a pic of a repro ss crosstrap clip stamped!!i DO RESECT YOUR OPINIONS BUT WHEN IT COMES TO THIS IM SURE ITS 100% og

I Can buy REPRO CLIP that i can buy for $5(and i know of another 4 that are also abailable that ARE "exactly like the originals that you all own,,masde in very small numbers(i wont let peopleknow where to buy this stuff as it can not be trusted to most peole in the military field in my opinion.too many scammers,)but some that are EXACTLY the same as your og ones as pictured...does that make yours fake???I wont add anymore but if it is a fake that was made 40-50+ years ago then its a brilliant fake.I wont comment on this matter anymore as im set in this matter.and personally dont want to offend any of you experts.best regards Andreas

IVE ALSO ADDED PICS OF THE OLC STRAP THAT CAME FROM THE SAME SOLDIER I USED TO OWN THE SMALLER HANGER "PART" THAT CAME WITH AN ORIGINAL SS DAGGER SO "I KNOW THAT THIS SET IS ALSO REAL!!!PLUS I PAID "VERY LITTLE MONEY FOR THIS...LITTERALLY PEANUTS... SO ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I RESPECT THE EXERTS OPINIONS BUT IF I HAVE SOMETHING IN MY HAND,I TAKE "ALL THIGS INTO ACCOUNT" AND MAKE AN "INFORMED" DECICISION.THIS TO ME IS 100% REAL.BEST REGARDS AND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO THINK ITS FAKE AS ITS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE FOR SALE ANYWAY.BEST REGARDS ANDREAS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new SS 1942 stamped crosstrap i just recieved!!!!very happy!!!!   My new SS 1942 stamped crosstrap i just recieved!!!!very happy!!!!  

My new SS 1942 stamped crosstrap i just recieved!!!!very happy!!!!   My new SS 1942 stamped crosstrap i just recieved!!!!very happy!!!!  

My new SS 1942 stamped crosstrap i just recieved!!!!very happy!!!!   My new SS 1942 stamped crosstrap i just recieved!!!!very happy!!!!  

Attached Images Attached Images My new SS 1942 stamped crosstrap i just recieved!!!!very happy!!!! 

Quote by hawkins View Post
    sure i will recharge another camera , and try and do some better photos , I try to take good and clear ones but its a art i have not masterd to what i would like
    Many thanks mucker
    Ben

?

Nobody said the leather was new. Its an old cross strap, which was never SS, that has had bogus markings added. The SS was not wearing cross straps by the date in the marking!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3