Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My SS regalia and on line larceny

Article about: I hope you will take the use of your items as proof of your refined taste. It is further evidence of the quality of your collection and the effort you have made over time. I am guilty of nic

CBH
    ?

Default Re: My SS regalia and on line larceny

Have you ever considered using a watermark on your photos FB ? Then they are much harder to steal from the net . I have yet to obtain that level of computer skill but I'm working on it , and have some WWI photos that I don't want to post till I can mark them , I don't want copies being sold . Keep up the Great Work !
    Cheers Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SS regalia and on line larceny
    P
    Many

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    I sent a message to the site out of curiosity, asking how they acquire images and that a friend owned the hat they had pictured on their site and this is what they said.

"We acquired a lot of our visual content from a previous site that did not
    keep records. While we have managed to track down the copyright status
    and/or seek permissions for most images, there are a few that we were
    unable to identify or locate."

The gentleman said that if it is against the owners wishes that it is on the site he would replace the image.
    Over a series of messages I told him who the hat belonged to and that proper credit should be given. They very nicely complied and gave you and your nice Hats the credit they deserve.
    Schutzstaffel - the SS
    Thank you. I appreciate your stewardship, but as I noted, I frankly do not care, really. My goal is to proliferate real material to the benefit of all.
    I do not make my living from this, it is an adjunct to my actual life and, of course, FB is not my real name, by the way. I suppose I should post under Tinkerbelle and it would be more efficacious.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    There is another site here: Nazi Jerman (yes, I did spell it correctly) where the owner trawls the net, saving photos and posting them on his site. He does seem to credit where he can to be fair but I wonder how many of our members will look and notice their images used on the site.

Unfortunately he hasn't always chosen images of original awards as examples to use........
    The man has huge energy and the site is not without merit. It is a feature of globalization.
    Maybe he will buy my collection?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Have you ever considered using a watermark on your photos FB ? Then they are much harder to steal from the net . I have yet to obtain that level of computer skill but I'm working on it , and have some WWI photos that I don't want to post till I can mark them , I don't want copies being sold . Keep up the Great Work !
    Cheers Chris
    Thank you. When I try to mark my photos, such as they are, it is a hash up. As I say, you are welcome to what is mine, especially the decent people here.
    There were some so. Asian persons who stole one of my caps to market fakes, but my cap is always real, and still mine and.....life is so confusing nowadays, I am grateful just to avoid debtor's prison and traffic school.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3