Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My SS tabs.

Article about: Bought these from the son of the vet years ago. Annoyed from this ads?  

Default My SS tabs.

Bought these from the son of the vet years ago.

My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SS tabs.
    P
    Many

Somehow I like all of them - but if I'd have to choose , my favourite is the beaten up and upside down Obersturmführer ranktab .
    Even though I am confused about the category / letter the paper tag would be .. ?!

I don't know have any idea either. Absolutely vet acquired as I also got a lot of medals. About 35 items in all.

I believe it to be an S tab.

?

As a very new collector of very old age I look for the points that extend from the wire ones, the edges of the runes stick out, it's just a simple silly thing I try to educate myself with,I very much like them. However I admit I have none in my small box of goodies, hope I've not embarrassed myself gents , regards george

Quote by maxspeed View Post
    I believe it to be an S tab.
    Thanks - that's what I thought I saw .
    But that would be such an anomaly , as to be virtually impossible .. ?
    The very highest I ever saw was a " P " - but the letters on these tags increase with the complexity or value of the item .
    An " F " already gets you a handembroidered tab for General Officers , an " M " an intricate brocade belt , the " P " was on a large flag .
    A rank tab such as this ( no embroidery at all ) would normally not even get a tag , though I have seen some with an " A " .
    Perhaps it could be a distorted " B " , it would still be unusual , but an " S " .. ?!
    Interesting lot of insignia , thanks for showing ..

I just opened the rikers case for the first time in 8 years for these pics. I posted that tab years ago and was told S. Doesn't really matter to me if it is or isn't.

This is what I was told at WAF or GDC or MCF. Don't remember which forum.

My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.My SS tabs.

This is everything I got from the vets son.

My SS tabs.My SS tabs.

?

Its a "C"

Or do i need more coffe this early in the morning...

A " C " it is indeed , with the upper half of left side missing .
    Thanks for clearing that up - Nice collection .. !

Nice find, were you able to get any info on the vet that brought this collection back?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast