Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Napola - Elite für den Führer

Article about: Very well said HPL, I couldn't agree with you more. I too have seen this movie several times...and may watch it yet again this evening Grüsse, Carl

Default Re: Napola - Elite für den Führer

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Indeed you are of the same ilk FB

Nick
    Thank you. I am glad you appreciate learning, while others in their number immediately take offense and revert to the behavior of ill bred children in nursery school. Or they react with petulant silence.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Napola - Elite für den Führer
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you. Others take huge offense at learning and erudition on these sites.
    Perish the thought!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Indeed you are of the same ilk FB

Nick
    Thank you.

?

Thank you BenVK for the film recommendation. I watched the movie yesterday. I wonder what people who lived through the era would think of it. Modern recreations of the Third Reich usually depict modern attitudes and values intermingled with historical costumes and sometimes don't ring true to me. I feel like we see only a hint of the truth in such depictions.

Last edited by jHAM; 01-28-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Is it not a one sided movie? I dislike one sided movies

Cheers, Evan

It seems nice, I should just not ask questions and watch it!

Andreas, your command of the English language, your eloquence and expression is beyond reproach!

Where did you learn English, were you a scholar of Cambridge or Oxford perhaps ?
    Thanks Nick, you flatter me! But I'm afraid it's nothing nearly as glorious as that... As Friedrich-Berthold correctly surmised, the ever-reliable Bavarian education system laid the solid groundwork for what English I speak. The avid consumption of English-language literature, films and music in the years after that and eventually the wonders of internet-based communication did the rest. You know, praktiss makes purrfect.

Quote by Espiteri View Post
    Is it not a one sided movie? I dislike one sided movies

Cheers, Evan
    Evan-
    Your comment can be taken as a Neo-Nazi comment. These are not allowed here. If you have those leanings, I am sure there are other sites on the Internet that can accomidate such views. It is even more interesting as your next post indicates you have not even seen the movie. It was made in Germany and in my opinion, preesented an accurate historical view of the Napola system and what was happening in the 3rd Reich. Since you are 15, I hope your comment was youthful indiscretion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    in my opinion, preesented an accurate historical view of the Napola system and what was happening in the 3rd Reich.
    I find it interesting to see how these two people - one of fifteen years of age, and one of sixty-seven years of age - can have such a differing opinion for what may be perceived as an underlying message being discreetly intertwined into this cinematic depiction of historical events. In this day and age, it seems to be customary to call out the "revisionary" attitude when perceived . . . but I find it all the more curious when, generally speaking, it seems the facts of such matters can also become transposed to argue in benefit of either opinion. It is true that facts do not lie, but it can become a genuine conundrum when arguing the benefits of one's opinion against the other - especially for a movie such as this. Today, it is best left to simply say this is a good movie [or not?], and understand that a political statement is also being introduced within the storyline - whether you agree with such or not, that is what is best left unspoken.

He has not even seen the movie!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast