Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Napola - Elite für den Führer

Article about: Very well said HPL, I couldn't agree with you more. I too have seen this movie several times...and may watch it yet again this evening Grüsse, Carl

Default Re: Napola - Elite für den Führer

Ha ha no Bob, you took it wrong. I thought it was a world war 2 movie like (Die brucke) and I meant 1 sided like it only shows one side example(German, or american) Die brucke only showed German side and never showed American only for like a split second, and those movies can sometimes be boring for me. And I was saying let me not ask these questions and just watch the movie and find out. Sorry for the confusion.
    It is not what you thought. I thought it was a fighting movie but then I figured out there had to be no fighting since it was on the Napola System.
    Cheers, Evan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Napola - Elite für den Führer
    P
    Many

I also looked it up so now I know more of what it is about, sorry about me just asking a question.

Die Bruecke in its 1950s version depicts the U.S. side well enough, I think. To be depict such a film as "one sided," is hardly revealing, analytical or remotely accurate.
    Bob is correct to insist that no matter what, neo Nazis have their own websites and not here.
    It is incumbent on our younger members to express themselves clearly and mindfully of this stricture.
    It is idiotic to think that the variety of war films are to adhere to the production criteria of public television or a high school debate.

the 1957 version of Die brucke showed only one battle, didnt show much of the Allies. When trumpets fade showed a little bit of Germans but not much either, just a bit of fighting. I'm not asking if the film supports one side, that is not what I was asking, and if it was, it wouldnt be a neo nazi comment because it looks like it is obviously a German made film. I kind of commented wrong asking "one sided" what I meant to say was is there any Allied involvement in the film. I do not support anything the Neo nazis do, I just like to learn about History and go in depth. And if a film is one sided it only depicts there involvement, I like movies that have conflicts.
    Cheers, Evan.

Die Bruecke was part of many fine West German films of the era that treated the reality of war. I am not as familiar with the east German variant.
    In any case, if you are interested in history in a serious way, and its conflicts in their real sense, there are some very learned people on this site.
    Also, short little statements on websites hardly comprise the reality of the 20th century or the conflicts that gave rise to, and were inherent in Nazi Germany.
    I can offer a long list of literature, culture and war that will benefit you greatly.
    The final battles of the spring of 1945 are significant enough to symbolize the senseless way in which the Nazi strategy of the last phase of the war to fight to the dead end worked an incalculable slaughter.
    This slaughter was a dominant memory for those of the era, versus what we see on these sites, which is more or less recycling of Nazi wartime propaganda of Knight's Cross holders and such.
    I have known more than the average Knight's Cross holder, and I esteem them highly, but for the bulk of Germans in the 1950s, the dominant reaction to a second lost war was one of disgust and anguish over the dead and loss.
    For my own part, I have always respected this point of view, since I have known so many German families with such loss, as well as known classical soldierly families and persons who carried on despite 1945, at least as soldiers.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-29-2013 at 04:48 PM.

?

Quote by Espiteri View Post
    Die brucke only showed German side and never showed American only for like a split second, and those movies can sometimes be boring for me.
    I see what you mean Evan, I really like Die Brücke but it's not a movie that shows a grand battle between two armies with an hour of shooting and explosions. It mostly focuses on the the cultural milieu that the boys grew up in, and the "action"(shooting, etc) is barely 10 minutes long. I think it's a better film for precisely that reason, but tastes differ. I wish that I had my notes from college where my Professor discussed the different social strata that each boy represented. That knowledge really added to my appreciation of the film because there's a lot packed into that movie that may be hard to see on the first go round, especially for a non-German.

I just wanted peoples opinions on the movie and see if they recommend it to be seen.

Quote by Eddie View Post
    I see what you mean Evan, I really like Die Brücke but it's not a movie that shows a grand battle between two armies with an hour of shooting and explosions. It mostly focuses on the the cultural milieu that the boys grew up in, and the "action"(shooting, etc) is barely 10 minutes long. I think it's a better film for precisely that reason, but tastes differ. I wish that I had my notes from college where my Professor discussed the different social strata that each boy represented. That knowledge really added to my appreciation of the film because there's a lot packed into that movie that may be hard to see on the first go round, especially for a non-German.
    Well said. If you want an older film that depicts combat and battle in a German-US-English-Canadian-French context, Zanuck's Longest Day of 1962 is such a film. I saw it in 1962 as nine year old, and saw a vitrine filled with Nazi regalia in the theater, which left a deep impression on my young mind. Recent films on the second world war, especially from Hollywood, give me the creeps.
    But Die Bruecke is more significant in an historical sense, to me at least, because of the celebration of war in German culture prior to 1945, and the rejection of same in this and many other very laudable pieces of film.
    You Tube is stocked with the things, and I get German television where I live, and the older films are shown there, too. I saw 08/15 in its three parts again. The depiction of the Americans in the last part of 08/15 would be very jarring for some, but Kirst and von Salomon surely reflected the views of many in the 1950s West Germany who were more or less unreconstructed.

Film and war is always interesting, especially when the authors engage the aspect of war and culture beyond the obvious.

I find the voyeuristic consumption of military life by those well removed from same to be dubious, especially by those who glory in war with no experience of it.

We have more than the average number of people here with military experience and a sense of its realities.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-29-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Thank you Eddie for seeing the meaning of my comment, I kind of wrote it wrong. FB- yeah Im very interested in History and especially the Nazi era history. I have been very keen on learning about it since I'm German and I had family that was involved on the German side. Watching war films also pleases me to see what directors depict of certain battles/events.
    Evan

Napola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerNapola - Elite für den FührerLike you, I am also interested in history and have devoted several decades to the effort, to include going to university in Germany and working there professionally in just these matters.....my interest eventuated when I was more or less six years of age, and I made up my mind at your age to dedicate myself to the thing, which in 1969 was much easier than it is today. I should have become an electrical engineer or an accountant and my life would have been less conflicted.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast