Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need opinions on British Free Corp SS tunic...

Article about: Hi all. I'm not holding out much hope for this one, but thought I'd post it for opinions anyway. This comes from a militaria collector (now deceased). disregard the badges you see on the poc

?

Default Need opinions on British Free Corp SS tunic...

Hi all.

I'm not holding out much hope for this one, but thought I'd post it for opinions anyway. This comes from a militaria collector (now deceased). disregard the badges you see on the pocket - they're not original to the tunic.

These are the best photos I can get at the moment, but if you're on the fence, and need photos of specific areas, let me know and I'll certainly request them. Would love to get some initial thoughts based on what you see...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on British Free Corp SS tunic...
    P
    Many

It would come in handy keeping the chill off when I was doing a spot of light gardening.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

on every aspect of it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    It would come in handy keeping the chill off when I was doing a spot of light gardening.....
    Hi! I'd like to see that Ned. Even better, I'd like to see the reaction from your neighbors when you do

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Hi! I'd like to see that Ned. Even better, I'd like to see the reaction from your neighbors when you do
    I'd only wear it when I was sure Lord Sugar (or Al as I know him) and his family were out.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Forget it.

There are no known surving uniform items or insignia from the British Free Corps anyway*), but this one is not even a good recreation of a BFC tunic.

(The shoulder boards are army rather than SS, the Union Flag sleeve shield has an incorrect shape, the collar patches should be unpiped for an enlisted man, the left collar patch is missing the rank Litzen, the Three Lions on the right collar patch are too small, the Sturmmann chevron is too far below the sleeve eagle, no BFC member was awarded any of the badges and decorations placed on this field blouse etc.)

*) Although unsubstantiated claims and rumors about pieces in private collections surface quite regularly.

One-Looker Reproduction...
    cheers, Glenn

The whole thing looks like a repro. It appears to be the type I saw one year at Fort Indiantown Gap in PA. NH

?

If I imagined the worst reproduction SS uniform I do not think it would be as bad as this one which is not even a remedial fake nor even close to clown costuming.

anyone who were British and in this mob destroyed their uniforms as soon as the could,I spoke to one of them back in the 60s and that's what he told me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast