Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need opinions on left facing bullion Totenkopf collar tab...

Article about: Hi all. I just acquired this tab and would like some opinions from the experts in this area. To me, everything about the materials, stitching, etc appear to be textbook, AND it passes the bl

?

Default Need opinions on left facing bullion Totenkopf collar tab...

Hi all.

I just acquired this tab and would like some opinions from the experts in this area. To me, everything about the materials, stitching, etc appear to be textbook, AND it passes the blacklight test with flying colors. There is exposed white thread where some of the bullion is missing on the front, as well as some white thread on the reverse, and none of it glows. In the photos below you'll see some of the reflective aluminum bullion surface on the front side (skull) reflecting the blue light from the blacklight. Don't mistake these reflections for glowing. The areas where there is exposed white thread shows no glow.

Let me know what you think!

Dzyner!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on left facing bullion Totenkopf collar tab...
    P
    Many

?

horror

?

Hi MM1985. Care to elaborate on that? "Horror" doesn't lend a lot of credibility to your reply.

Sorry, but "Horror" really tells it all:

A bad fake featuring a horribly misshapen Death's Head with a particularly impressive Jay Leno jaw.

?

2Need opinions on left facing bullion Totenkopf collar tab...

?

Not trying to be rude, but the term "textbook" does not apply to this tab one bit, what so ever....

?

Hi Duff. I understand what you're saying, and don't take it as being rude at all. I might have if you'd left off the part about not trying to be rude

To be clear, tabs are not my area of expertise (not by a long shot), which is why I posted it. I don't post items I'm comfortable with unless it is to share it with the group. To me the bullion pattern (when amplified), backing materials and cloth material in general do indeed appear to comply with other examples I've seen. Everyone sees details differently, and in this hobby the devil is in the details. I'm learning, which is why I like to see some details in replies, versus simply one and two word replies, which tells me nothing about the reasons an item is bad (or good), and provides no assurances that the poster's reply is based on experience.

At any rate, thanks for the feedback everyone! Much appreciated!

CBH
    ?

Please check out Friedrich's Post in SS insignia , "Delich Treasures" about half way down the sticky's.

It shows many original examples.

?

2Need opinions on left facing bullion Totenkopf collar tab...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast