Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

Article about: Despite the lack of any real discussion on this (and in fact it is denied) in Wilkins' fine volume "The Collectors Guilde to Third Reich Military Headgear", I believe it was alread

Default Re: New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

The newsreel part is correct. The visual record excites the irrational desire for ownership, and the spiral into madness.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform
    P
    Many

This is no joke, as it was the effect of the Hugo Jaeger pictures on my not yet fully formed mind in the year 1960 that unleashed this unhealthy wish.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform 

?

I am strapped for this sort of sum currently, but perhaps I could get some of this TARP money from Washington.

After all, I am certainly in debt over my head for foolish decisions and reckless spending; does that not qualify me?

Quote by Frog View Post
    I am strapped for this sort of sum currently, but perhaps I could get some of this TARP money from Washington.

After all, I am certainly in debt over my head for foolish decisions and reckless spending; does that not qualify me?
    Remember: politics goes elsewhere. We are concerned with foetid woolens plain and simple. All of mine (woolens and I have more than some here....) would be a wonderful ornament to your being, dear Bruce. I am sure you can find the money, somehow. Or I shall sell it to the rich Russians. That is a possibility, I guess. They take history seriously, to be sure, as they should.

But I am still a few years away from liquidating my junk, so you can earn the sum nicely in the time remaining. The more I post and read the contemporary entries on these websites, though, the closer I am to chucking it all in disgust. The Zeitgeist is quite alien to me, really.

Happy regalia and merry Christmas and happy holidays to all others.

Our candidate for foetid woolens who started this thread has vanished, which is also typical for this sort of thing. Wo stecken Sie denn?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

?

F-B:

Sie sind naturlich richtig. Ich bitte um Entschuldigung.

Apologize for any political reference, indeed.

Quote by Frog View Post
    F-B:

Sie sind naturlich richtig. Ich bitte um Entschuldigung.

Apologize for any political reference, indeed.
    Thanks and surely no apology is necessary, as I understand your reference and your insight as a former banker and a man of balance in your means. No one emulates our example. The key to ownership is the inability to pay the bill. Such goes against my Teutonic upbringing. You, dear Bruce, have shown admirable restraint in your refusal to saw off various limbs to pay for the grey SS cap with the blood red piping.

As I say, all the others are fairly promiscuous with politics, which does our mission no honor.

My sense of irk is higher, though, with the people who start these posts and then vanish....wozu denn eigentlich?

I guess the person who posted the question found his answer elsewhere, nicht wahr?

These woolens could be on offer for just 275 dollars on other sites, I imagine.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform 

Or these men left their clothes at the corner hock shop...where our likes can secure them at pennies on the dollar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform   New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  
    Attached Images Attached Images New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform 

The expression on this man's face says it all as concerns the relative ease with which one can secure his schwarzer Montur 75 years after the fact.... where is he now and where is his black suit?

I can tell you one thing: if you look in the wrong place, you will find an expensive surprise with much heartache.

WorldWarIIBuff
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I guess the person who posted the question found his answer elsewhere, nicht wahr?

These woolens could be on offer for just 275 dollars on other sites, I imagine.

I'm here still and still looking! Let me know of any leads to an authentic one. Also got a PM about one so I'm looking into that too. All help is appreciated.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast